Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Cardinal Point

Stouffville - Cardinal Point Bought a Geranium home?

Old 2010-07-12, 10:44 AM
Regular User

Default Air Conditioning review

Hi all,

My friend moved into Phase 3 during the May long weekend and needed air conditioning. He asked me what I have and how much it costs. I got mine with a group buy in Phase 1 and paid $1850+tax for a 1.5 ton Goodman. So I recommended the shop to my friend. They quoted him about $2100 + tax for the same unit as mine.

I then remembered that my neighbour is a HVAC guy and thought why not support local business. I referred my friend to my neighbour Ilija who owns S and A air (416 984 2646). He gave him a quote for $1900 Tax included for a 1.5 ton Keeprite. My friend got the quote on Thursday and installed it on Sunday morning. The install took 2 hrs and I went to see it, it was a nice and clean install. Good job!

Last week my neighbour across from me asked about the air con as he got a quote from Sears with a Carrier for $2800 Tax in. I also recommended Ilija to him and he got the same quote of $1900 Tax in for the 1.5 ton Keeprite. Again, quote on Thursday and install on Sunday. I looked at the Keeprite unit and it is identical to the carrier. Do some research and you'll see Keeprite basically supplies the units to big names.

Just wanted to spread the word and no, I am not getting any commissions. My thinking is if there is a good deal and supporting local business while being a good neighbour, why not. (Lilja lives on my street in Phase 1).

If you do call him for quotes, tell him Steve with the 2 big dogs told you about their services.

side note, anyone wants to buy my 1.5 yr old Goodman?? I want that keeprite unit!

Last edited by SteveC; 2010-07-12 at 10:51 AM.
Old 2010-07-15, 03:04 PM
Regular User

Hmm, thanks for this. I won't be needing an AC unit until next year but it's nice to know that there have been some good successes in the neighbourhood with them.
Old 2010-07-15, 03:21 PM
Regular User

FYI: Keeprite is owned by International Comfort Products, which owns several other HVAC brands, including Arcoaire, Clare, Comfortmaker, Dettson, Heil, KeepRite, Lincoln, and Tempstar. Today, ICP(International Comfort Products) is part of Carrier Corporation, a unit of the United Technologies Corp.

There central air systems may becoming similar but there heating products are far from the same.. And looking at both websites i have not been able to see identical equipment.
Old 2010-07-15, 06:29 PM
Regular User

if you want to try another place...

we used highlife -- lennox for 2 ton in the low $2000 --everything included.

Last edited by saw_mui; 2010-07-16 at 07:10 PM.
Old 2010-07-15, 08:21 PM
Regular User

just make sure you get the same warranty on parts as you do labour. 10year compressor 5parts/5labor is a minimum... Anything less means the guy installing has no intentions of doing after sales service..

Again there are cooling insurance options to be had on equipment with no warranty...
Old 2010-07-15, 09:15 PM
Regular User

my brother in law used this company

Pacific Home Comfort http://www.pacifichomecomfort.com/ai...rs-toronto.php

Baldwin the owner finalized the figs and is offering a great deal!

if you get an a/c say 2.5 ton $2000 installed ..he will put in a dehumid & air filter at COST for only a few 100 bucks and come to yourr place to ensure size is correct prior to install

just call him 416-889-7529 & tell him your interested in the "Nick's Group Buy"
Old 2010-07-16, 03:11 PM
Regular User

Just to clarify, I am not a tech and don't know much about the units like TKG does. I just thought the units looks similar, heck, the Bryant brand looks like the Keeprite unit too...but what do I know.

I was just giving a review on the air con install and pricing that my friend and my neighbour got. I thought they had a good deal that's all. The installer/company lives on site, on Expedition Cres. so I know he can be reached should anything happens.

I guess its great that people post up the deals they've got so people can shop around.
Not everyone believes in supporting local business but I try to do that as much as I can.

Last edited by SteveC; 2010-07-16 at 03:20 PM.
Old 2010-07-16, 04:29 PM
Regular User

no probs, i just post info for FYI sakes. I have often seen companies try to say that there BRAND X is the same as BRAND Z because the two companies are owned by ABC... If they where the same there would be no need to have different names

Like ive said before for A/C im not big on pushing brands as they are all very similar in design..But warranties vary greatly sometimes.. The heating side of things is where is see the men separated from the boys