Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2006-04-11, 01:09 PM
Regular User

Default Upper Thornhill???? or Maple????

I've heard rumblings that the new subdivision called Upper Thornhill Estates is actually in Maple and that these builders are cashing in on the name Thornhill. Existing buildings in the area that is considered "Upper Thornhill" have Maple mailing addresses and Maple Phone numbers.
Old 2006-04-11, 02:15 PM
Regular User

Isn't "Upper Thornhill Estates" the block between Bathurst/Dufferin, and Major Mack/Elgin Mills(Teston)? That's what I thought.

On similar topic, anyone know which builders are going in to the west of Bathurst, near Weldrick? They have about 5 or 6 houses built, which I assume will be the sales offices.
Old 2006-04-11, 03:51 PM
Regular User

Default West of BAthurst

Yes, "Upper Thornhill" is bounded by Major Mackenzie to the south and Teston Road to the north. Bathurst to East and Dufferin to the West.

The area on the west side of bathurst north of rutherford is being developed by Fernbrook homes and the development is called "Coronation" . Very nice area...

I also just found out that at Dufferin and Rutherford (NE corner), there will be some commercial development... (Shoppers Drug MArt, Pizza Pizza, etc..)
Old 2006-04-11, 04:53 PM
Regular User

Hey Petetownsend,

Was wondering if you knew about Fieldgate Home's and their subdivision of Thornhill Woods. On our purchase papers it has our township as Vaughn. Do you know if that subdivision between Bathurst and Dufferin, just north of the 407 is in Thornhill? Thanks
Old 2006-04-11, 11:40 PM
Regular User

Default Yes..Thornhill Woods is Thornhill

South of rutherford east of dufferin is considered Thornhill. I have a friend that lives in that wonderful subdivision and his mailing address shows "Thornhill"

Keep in mind, that your purchase agreement shows the Vaughan because Thornhill is a community within Vaughan. Vaughan is made up of Thornhill, Woodbridge, Maple, Kleinburg and Concord.

The district area that runs from Dufferin east and west from Hwy 407 northbound is considered the "Carville District" and we should expect a lot of development there in the coming years.
Old 2006-04-11, 11:47 PM
Regular User

Default Correction spdztr

Hi spdztr,

I'm sorry, I need to correct myself. Those houses you see are Model Homes in Upper Thornhill Estates. I'm pretty sure they belong to Country Wide Homes. I know this because my friend did some work in those homes.
Old 2006-04-12, 09:15 AM
Regular User

Default Upper Thornhill Estates

Anyone who was interested in purchasing homes from Countrywide's Upper Thornhill Estates, should keep in mind they have yet to get their permits and they forcast closing dates for early next year. We backed out for that very reason. Also, the doorways to each room are very narrow and bedrooms are small when we saw "The Manchester".
Old 2006-04-12, 10:56 AM
Regular User

Default Countrywide

I just checked the floor plan on the website www.countrwidehomes.ca and the bedrooms are not small. However, for a 2700 sq ft you would want the bedrooms to be a little bigger.

The bedrooms don;t bother me as much as the kitchen which looks pretty small for that size of a house.
Old 2006-04-12, 12:10 PM
Regular User

Default Re: Correction spdztr

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetownsend74
Hi spdztr,

I'm sorry, I need to correct myself. Those houses you see are Model Homes in Upper Thornhill Estates. I'm pretty sure they belong to Country Wide Homes. I know this because my friend did some work in those homes.
Thanks. Looks like their sales centre is north of Major Mackenzie though, just south of Teston/Elgin mills on Bathurst. I'm pretty sure we've walked through there before, and at the time prices seemed high. Of course, it's all relative now, and they aren't as bad as we originally thought.

p.s. your forgot a 'y' in the link above. should be: www.countrywidehomes.ca

I find it amazing that so many of their homes have the "open to above" layout. While it's nice, I'd much rather have a 4 bedroom config with larger rooms and no open-to-above area, vs the 5 small room configuration.
Old 2006-04-12, 12:14 PM
Regular User

Default Thornhill

I feel the same way. The house I purchased at Thornberry Woods/Eagle Hills had an open to above with 3 bedrooms or 4 bedrooms with open to above and we chose the 4 bedroom. In the the case of Country Wide, they should make the rooms larger and forget the open to above. It's the simple things that make a house more marketable when it's time to sell.