Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Caledon

Caledon Coscorp, Cachet,Monarch,Starlane

Old 2011-11-09, 10:17 AM
Regular User

Hey Izzy,

We went to the decor centre just to check it out before we go for our appointment. It's a lot to take in. There is a lot to select from and view, tons of swatches for sample and hardware to think about.

We were told to go there ahead as much as we could and review, take notes and make a few decisions on options. You apparently only have 4 hours to decide on everything so you have to be pretty efficient. I took a camera and a notebook to take notes and attach pics to.

Without the price list, you really are walking in blindly however. Definitely I would suggest making a few visits.
Old 2011-11-09, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimstoneTown View Post
Hey Izzy,

We went to the decor centre just to check it out before we go for our appointment. It's a lot to take in. There is a lot to select from and view, tons of swatches for sample and hardware to think about.

We were told to go there ahead as much as we could and review, take notes and make a few decisions on options. You apparently only have 4 hours to decide on everything so you have to be pretty efficient. I took a camera and a notebook to take notes and attach pics to.

Without the price list, you really are walking in blindly however. Definitely I would suggest making a few visits.
we just got a message from the decore centre to schedule an appointment. apparently we will only 3 hours to decide on upgrades.
Old 2011-11-10, 02:40 AM
Regular User

hey folks thanks for the feedback.

i'm surprised that our builder would alot such a short time frame to make such important decisions. this is a first for me, in which design choices have to be firm within one session.

just a heads up for those who are planning to go with dark hardwood floors...staining of stairs and hand rails is extra. i confirmed with the sales staff today, that the builder would not leave it unstained so you could either "diy" or contract it out after closing..=(

does anyone have an upgrade price list they could share?
Old 2011-11-10, 09:21 AM
Regular User

We're awaiting our pricelist which is due anyday now. I'll pm you when we receive and can arrange to get you a copy.

Your next step will actually be with regards to structural changes withing the home... things like moving a fireplace, having a half wall, changing countertops location etc.

Take a look at your floor plan and what you would do to change it if you could. Best advice.

Upgrades come much later.
Old 2011-11-10, 11:59 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimstoneTown View Post
We're awaiting our pricelist which is due anyday now. I'll pm you when we receive and can arrange to get you a copy.

Your next step will actually be with regards to structural changes withing the home... things like moving a fireplace, having a half wall, changing countertops location etc.

Take a look at your floor plan and what you would do to change it if you could. Best advice.

Upgrades come much later.
Thank you BrimStone, i look forward to reviewing your price list.

The model we bought was from remaining inventory, we were able to negotiate structural changes with offer.
Old 2011-11-22, 10:13 PM

Default Decor Centre Appt

Hi there,

Can anyone tell us when to expect a call with an Appt for our visit to the Decor Centre? Our closing isn't until Feb. 2013. Is it a year from from the closing date? Also, I've been told that the Decor centre is by Appt only. How is it possible to make all these decisions in a matter of hours on your visit visit?

Thanks
Marlene
Old 2011-11-23, 10:45 AM
Regular User

Hey marlene,

Your next step will be to meet and discuss any structural changes (walls you may want to move or reconfigure, add-ins, change of countertops etc) then you'll get a call to meet for your Siting Plan which will give you the measurements of your lot, elevation and floor plan of the house with all the works in place etc which you sign off on. After that you should receive your decor center package which will show pricing and stages of upgrades etc.

You can visit the decor center as much as you want. The appointment is the booking for when you'll make all your decisions. A thing to keep in mind is that builder prices are inflated so some things you can just install the standard of and have an upgrade done after out of your own pocket (we intend to do that with floor tiling and backsplash).

But definitely go visit the decor center as much as you can. We took a our iPad so we could make notes and take pictures of things for referencing.

Hope that helps.

Kyle
Old 2011-11-23, 10:49 PM

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the helpful information.
As it turns out, Coscorp has a third party Decor Centre which isn't open to visit prior to the Appt.

I guess this would one reason to purchase Monarch over Coscorp.

Thanks
Marlene
Old 2011-11-24, 10:18 AM
Regular User

I'd still go to the Monarch one just to get an idea how involved the process is.

Just a thought.
Old 2011-11-24, 10:34 PM
Regular User

Hi everyone. We just finalized our structurals with the summerton. Removed a wall and decided to go with the washroom in the basement as neither my husband no I are handy and didn't want the trouble after closing. I'm excited about the decor centre but very nervous about the prices. We got $5k in upgrades to use their through the builder and don't want to exceed that. I would love to get my hands on a price list a head of time!!!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their journey as well.

Iz