Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Caledon

Caledon Coscorp, Cachet,Monarch,Starlane

Old 2015-04-29, 12:26 AM
Regular User

Can I ask for the cost of completing the basement after structural appointment have been done and completed. We did not make any structural change to our home.
Old 2015-04-29, 12:32 AM
Regular User

Default What model did you buy?

Hi Nextdoor,

The costs are associated with the model purchased. We purchased the Summer Calm. If yours is the same then I'd be able to share the same costs. It was pricy so we didnt go ahead with the finishing of the basement. I think the finishing is a structural cost not something you can do later at design. But you'd be able to confirm that with monarch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextdoor789 View Post
Can I ask for the cost of completing the basement after structural appointment have been done and completed. We did not make any structural change to our home.
Old 2015-04-29, 12:40 AM
Regular User

Thanks SynergySeven. We thought that finishing the base would be more expensive through the builder so we did not not even border to ask for pricing.

We are currently waiting for our package I the pail before we call the design studio. So we were told by our sales agent.
Old 2015-04-29, 12:42 AM
Regular User

We bought the Autumn and the lot is a little bigger than the regular size . Is 3,650 sqf
Old 2015-04-29, 12:16 PM
Regular User

Lol what did you choose for your kitchen cabinets (colour,maple or oak,style and price).How much is a pantry outside the builder. I chose the design dollars only $7500. Tried negotiating for more but to no avail. We don't know if we will sell in the near future. Which makes it more difficult to deside on which upgrades to do. I wanted to add a jet tub but I don't know if I will be enjoying it for a long time or sell in the next 3 years for someone to enjoy my jet tub.
Old 2015-04-29, 12:21 PM
Regular User

Hello there nextdoor
Old 2015-04-29, 02:37 PM
Regular User

Default Basement Cost for Summer Calm

After relocating the bathroom and adding a wet bar and sink the finished basement was quoted at $43864 for the Summer Calm.

Quote:
Thanks SynergySeven. We thought that finishing the base would be more expensive through the builder so we did not not even border to ask for pricing.

We are currently waiting for our package I the pail before we call the design studio. So we were told by our sales agent.
Old 2015-04-29, 02:45 PM
Regular User

Default Design Centre

It makes sense to wait for the booklet to arrive, it has all the pricing specific to your purchase and square footage etc. You can still visit the design centre on Sundays 11am-4pm to browse. They won't provide any pricing there you need your book for that so you can look but then you might find you like things and get your heart set on them then you see the price and your eyes pop out lol

We visited the first time and chose everything without knowing pricing and we ended up going down 2-3 upgrade levels in the end. I must have expensive taste because everything I liked was group 5 maple with a wiping or spray stain lol

Quote:
We bought the Autumn and the lot is a little bigger than the regular size . Is 3,650 sqf
Old 2015-04-29, 02:55 PM
Regular User

Default Design Dollars

We went with the design dollars as well. We found once we got the book that it was a good choice because the package value was a good 2-3K less and included things that we wouldnt pay for on our own.

I have no idea on the pantry as my model included one. We ended up with group 3 maple butternut in the Kitchen with the island being a darker stain cocoa I think. Similair to the model they have at the design centre.

Originally when we made choices without pricing we chose group 5 maple Windsor- Dove White Matt with Noche wiping stain Walnut (25%more than group 5 maple) for the island. It looked great but I couldnt justify that much of an upgrade with costs and would have had to cut out a bunch of other things to stick to our budget.

It is fun times, we are just wrapping up our design phase now and confirming appliances to provide the specifications. I'm excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellefountain:) View Post
Lol what did you choose for your kitchen cabinets (colour,maple or oak,style and price).How much is a pantry outside the builder. I chose the design dollars only $7500. Tried negotiating for more but to no avail. We don't know if we will sell in the near future. Which makes it more difficult to deside on which upgrades to do. I wanted to add a jet tub but I don't know if I will be enjoying it for a long time or sell in the next 3 years for someone to enjoy my jet tub.
Old 2015-05-05, 11:24 AM
Regular User

Default appointments

Hey bellefountain!

Did you have your structural meeting? How did it go? Did you decide on changes?

Hope all is well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellefountain:) View Post
Glad to hear that your appt went well. So tell me
What upgrades did you do. What did you want to do after closing. I could not make it to my structural appt
Its been moved to this Wednesday.