Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-03-05, 12:38 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
I have to say that I am really impressed with Jenny so far. We haven't met for our first appointment yet but we have recieved excellent service from her.
I'm sure you'll find the same thing with all the people involved in the pre construction stages. We have been very impressed as well.

Everyone seems to know what they are doing and they are all on the same page most of the time. Just keep your eyes and ears open incase there is ever a mis communication. It is so much easier if you can catch it right away.
Old 2008-03-05, 12:43 PM
Regular User

I have been meaning to ask you New Orleans??? Is your house plan the same or reverse? Ours is reverse, which is ok since the pictures from the POW one was also ... but I can't wrap my head around the reserve for the upstairs.
Old 2008-03-05, 01:19 PM
Regular User

Quote:
I have been meaning to ask you New Orleans??? Is your house plan the same or reverse? Ours is reverse, which is ok since the pictures from the POW one was also ... but I can't wrap my head around the reserve for the upstairs.

HAHA! This is a wonderful question and one that has been confusing us since day 1.

When we originally signed the agreement we were told that our lot was garage left.(same floorplan as the web site) When we went to our exterior selections appointment we were told that the plans were changed and we would actually be garage right. (the exact same as the house pictures I posted on this thread earlier).

Now every time we make a change and need a drawing done we get the drawings back done as though the garage is on the left but we have been assured that the house is actually garage right. Our kitchen with DesLauriers was originally drawn up as though it was garage left too.

It's funny because now we are to the point where when we get drawings back they come with a message from Jenny that the drawings are actually done on the reverse floorplan.

I think I'll just have to wait until I see the foundation in and then I'll know for sure which side the garage is on.
Old 2008-03-05, 03:30 PM
Regular User

That's too funny!!!

I reserved the plans in paint and printed it out. So when I look at it for reference I get see the reserved plans. But I guess I made the initial plans in my head with the builders plan and can't get it out. But the main floor is ok since I see the pictures from the house in POW.
Old 2008-03-07, 02:39 PM
Regular User

We just made our final design centre appointment.

Tuesday March 18th we will have all of our selections done.

Then we wait. Apparently we are scheduled to have the shovel hit the dirt on April 1st. That wouldn't just be an April Fools Day joke would it?

I hope not!
Old 2008-03-07, 04:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Orleans View Post

Then we wait. Apparently we are scheduled to have the shovel hit the dirt on April 1st. That wouldn't just be an April Fools Day joke would it?

I hope not!
WOOHOO!!! That is great to hear!!

I can't wait for your house to start going up.

Tuesday is the big day for us ... the start of our appointments.
Old 2008-03-07, 08:26 PM
Regular User

Quote:
WOOHOO!!! That is great to hear!!

I can't wait for your house to start going up.

Tuesday is the big day for us ... the start of our appointments.
I'm so glad that we're almost done. It's been a wonderful experience but it's been going on since November. It's time to close it off and start to concentrate on getting our current house ready to be sold.

You will find out lots of great information at your initial meeting. Bring a pen and paper.

Oh, and by the way...no peeking at our house!
Old 2008-03-07, 09:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Oh, and by the way...no peeking at our house!
Sorry but I so am going to peek at your house ... and the one on my street. Both of you close before me ... teehee!!!!

It will be great once you and Meth move in .... I can get daily reports on the progress on my house! teehee!!!
Old 2008-03-07, 10:45 PM
Regular User

Quote:

I hope not!
Sweet Orleans, good to hear the date is set, will be nice to have it done once and for all.

Never a problem Swerve; daily reports just for you guys Good to hear that your appointments are all set and ready to go; enjoy the process

Last edited by Meth; 2008-03-07 at 10:47 PM.
Old 2008-03-11, 09:35 PM
Regular User

WoW!!!! Today was a busy day for us. First we met with Jenny. It seems that we will get our first colour choice. We are just waiting for some prices to come back on a couple of things, window & detailing stuff. Plus we did some interior stuff (deleted two of the coffered ceiling squares in the nook), revisited the arch debate (ended up with the elliptical). Moved the niche from the Master Bedroom to the bathroom, closed the wall in the ensuite. Then we were off to Deslauriers Kitchens ....... OMG, very overwhelming! But she explained everything very well. I can't wait to get all the prices back so we can start to finalize the kitchen. Of course I had to love and upgraded cupboard and wood style.

Did anyone head out to the site and see the progress???? We haven't been there since last weekend, we didn't attempt this past weekend.