Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-07-01, 05:03 PM

Hi All,

I am with the feds and my wife is trying to get in. We are currently on assignment in Costa Rica and we're flying back Saturday to sign for the house. Can't wait!

We'll see some of you very soon.

Casey
Old 2008-07-02, 02:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Hi All,

I am with the feds and my wife is trying to get in. We are currently on assignment in Costa Rica and we're flying back Saturday to sign for the house. Can't wait!

We'll see some of you very soon.

Casey
Hey Casey,

Looks like they've got the first coat of your stucco on now. So close to being finished. I guess there's no point in posting a pic for you since you'll be here on Saturday.

July 10th is coming fast. Lucky, lucky, lucky!
Old 2008-07-03, 12:15 AM
Regular User

Wow Costa Rica, that must be pretty fun! Have a safe trip home, you guys must really be looking forward to getting into the new place.
Old 2008-07-03, 12:43 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince View Post
Hey Meth,
Trying to keep myself up to date by visiting this site as much as it goes. Busy these days but vacation time is here. Still waiting for fixes to our 30 days list! Some of them are taken care of some still remained. I think you guys in NHS have taken all the resources so we old customers in POW are at the bottom of Cardel's list We are into our 7th month after closing still no front or backyard Dirt and mud is what we have this summer and no BBQ unless we do it in the garage and I hate doing that! Otherwise things are under control. Campanale is still building in our area so still lots of noise, mud and dirt due to construction.
Nice to hear vacation time is rolling around for you, it's always good to rest up and recharge the batteries a little. Have they had a chance to come over and take a look at the front stucco column as of yet . . . we sure are a resource hog over here in NHS as things are just motoring along. I'm sure you guys will get your lawn in there soon enough though. Ah that's right, there's still is some construction going on in P.O.W . . . is Campanale near the tail end of their project or do they still got a little ways to go?

Like Swerve was saying . . . no Barclay model home unfortunately; it's been one of the best sellers out here so to have another one as a model would simply be overkill. Open spaces are certainly a little harder to decorate but if you guys got some time you should come out and check the models out; some nice decorating ideas regardless.

I didn't realize you guys finished part of your basement already . . . that's pretty cool , good to hear that things are going well.
Old 2008-07-03, 09:28 PM
Regular User

Thumbs up Thanks!!!!!

It was so nice to meet some many of you today Swerve and NO -thank you once again for taking the time to help us think things through... you guys are so kind and helpful
Old 2008-07-04, 09:18 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottinghillsouth View Post
It was so nice to meet some many of you today Swerve and NO -thank you once again for taking the time to help us think things through... you guys are so kind and helpful
No problem nhs. It was great meeting you guys too. The little one sure is adorable.

I'm sure you guys will make the right decision. I'm glad we were able to provide you with some additional information that may help out a little bit.

Hey skip....any further word on what is happening with your basement windows?? Did Cardel come through with any satisfactory solutions for you guys?
Old 2008-07-04, 11:45 AM

Default So far so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Orleans View Post
No problem nhs. It was great meeting you guys too. The little one sure is adorable.

I'm sure you guys will make the right decision. I'm glad we were able to provide you with some additional information that may help out a little bit.

Hey skip....any further word on what is happening with your basement windows?? Did Cardel come through with any satisfactory solutions for you guys?
Yes they did. They offered to re-locate the windows or to install a third window for no cost to us, leaving the other windows at their current locations. We opted for the latter; we thought it may increase the re-sale value of the home and interferes the least with foundations walls.
Old 2008-07-04, 08:54 PM
Regular User

I'm happy that things worked out for you Skip it's also nice to hear that Cardel is taking care of their clients when something does go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipticum View Post
Yes they did. They offered to re-locate the windows or to install a third window for no cost to us, leaving the other windows at their current locations. We opted for the latter; we thought it may increase the re-sale value of the home and interferes the least with foundations walls.
Old 2008-07-06, 02:54 PM
Regular User

Default Pictures of model homes?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you took some pictures of the Devon model home? Im on vacation right now and I am too excited to wait until I come back to see it. If you have some pics, can you please post them!

Thanks
Old 2008-07-08, 09:07 AM
Regular User

Default Home Inspector?

Hello fellow Cardel-ers!

I was just wondering what everyone else plans to do for a Home Inspector. What type of inspector are you hiring or are you hiring one?
We are trying to figure out if we are going to have an inspector during the framing part or just an inspector once we take possession.

Any thoughts???

Thanks