Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2008-04-29, 12:19 AM
Regular User

Default Experiences in stouffville

I went out looking for a doctor today as my 1 year old has had a cold now for what seems like a few weeks.
At first, I couldnt find the walk-in clinic so I ended up at a family practice.
This is how the conversation went with the receptionist.
Me - Hi, are you accepting new patients?
Receptionist - no. .......well we are only if you have a stouffville address.
Me - I have a stouffville address.
Receptionist - oh you have a stouffville address, do you? Well then yes, here's our card.
Me - Any appt's available today?
Receptionist - No.

Okay so maybe it wasnt exactly what was said but instead the way in which it was said. It seemed she wasnt pleased that I had a stouffville address and she wasnt trying to mask the fact that she wasnt pleased.

Could it be that stouffville natives arent impressed with the new sub-divisions and the people the new homes bring?

Anyone else have any similar experiences?
Old 2008-04-29, 01:45 AM
Regular User

I'm a patient there and actually was there today and they had no appointments truly...I called at 8am to get mine and she only had one other one at that time. I never usually have a problem, my last doctor I had to wait weeks for appointments...I could never call the day of

Hope it all works out for you, try calling instead maybe

Kwik-Post Decks, Fences and Postholes : 905-473-3536
Old 2008-04-29, 12:40 PM
Regular User

That's awful, we've never had a problem with a family doctor taking a sick child on short notice or squeezing them in somehow. In fact, my oldest son struck his head on a corner of a glass cabinet, I called our doctor and he said to bring him right in. Anyway, if you are still looking for a doctor and if he is still taking patients (I don't really know), he's located at the Markham Heritage Health Clinic at Hwy 48 and 16th avenue. You can PM if you want the phone number. It is also a walk in clinic.
Towngate Elevation C Lot#80
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]