Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2008-05-06, 05:23 PM
Regular User

Default GGH (Wyndam Manor)

Hi

I am new on this forum. We have bought a GGH (Wyndam Manor) in Ajax. Its in Phase 5 and our closing will be feb 2009. I am very excited about it but dont know much about Ajax. We did like the town but I would like to know more about it especially North Ajax. About schooling and community centres there.

And how is the community of wyndam manor we have drove by there couple of times looked good to me.
Old 2008-05-06, 07:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samz View Post
Hi

I am new on this forum. We have bought a GGH (Wyndam Manor) in Ajax. Its in Phase 5 and our closing will be feb 2009. I am very excited about it but dont know much about Ajax. We did like the town but I would like to know more about it especially North Ajax. About schooling and community centres there.

And how is the community of wyndam manor we have drove by there couple of times looked good to me.
Hello Samz, congrats on your new home.
We bought a home with Tribute - we are across the street from GGH.
We didn't know much about ajax either - from what we have researched and from the people we are meeting in this area we are finding it very positive and really friendly!

I was told that they are suppose to be building another community centre where the Ajax Sportsplex is (Audley and Taunton Road) - because of the increase in pop. - so that's good!

Old 2008-05-06, 09:04 PM
Regular User

hey congrates! to u both...hope u njoy ur new homes soon...I just 10 days ago I got my GGH in Ajax Waydam Manors...in phase 4...but for some personal reason i'm not moving there ...instaed i'm trying to get it on rent...so if any one knows who is looking for rent in North Ajax in this particular community ...let me know...

BTW the its a semi-detach house with 4 bedrooms...

TC
Old 2008-05-11, 10:00 PM
Regular User

Thanx guys for your reply. Glad to know that Ajax has positive reviews and also they are building new community centre there.

Congrats on your new home too.
Old 2008-06-19, 01:37 PM
Regular User

Default GGH - Wyndam Manor

Hey Samz,

Maybe we'll be neighbours, I bought a 30' lot in Phase 5 with a Feb 2009 closing as well. What size lot did you get? My boyfriend and I have actually driven by "our" future street and they've already started the foundations for the houses across the street from us. I believe those houses have a closing date sometime later this year.
Old 2008-06-19, 02:35 PM
Regular User

We're in Phase 5 and are closing at the end of the year. Work on Phase 5 is moving along nicely and we are there at least once a week to take pictures of our future home. They sure do work fast - we're on a 37' lot and it has gone from a hole in the ground to having roof trusses in 3 weeks!
Old 2008-06-19, 05:26 PM
Regular User

wow! that fast huh. Which model did you get? Did you already go to the Decor Centre, cuz shortly after we purchased our lot, literally 3 weeks later, they called us in to pick our decor/design and yet our lot stands bare. It's understandable, closing isn't until early 2009, I just thought it was a little early to be picking things out.
Old 2008-06-19, 07:26 PM
Regular User

We have the Middleham model. What model did you get? We had our decor appointment a few months ago. We bought our house on the very first day that they released the Phase 5 lots and we were told that we were in the very first batch of Phase 5 homes to be constructed (at the tail end of Phase 4). True enough, we can see Phase 4 homes still going up and our house is catching up to them!

What street are you on? I might be able to give you a progress report when we visit - we're so excited that we've been there 3 times in the last week!
Old 2008-06-20, 11:16 AM
Regular User

We got the Wedgewood model and our street is Decourcy-Ireland Circle. It's such a long name for a street don't you think? Anyway, I hear they usually have themes when coming up with streetnames so I googled it to see if it was named after someone and came across a John Decourcy-Ireland. Apparently he's known for his distinguished and lifelong commitment to Irish and international maritime history and affairs, to radical politics and to humanism. verbatim. I believe it's named after him because a)our community is called "Guiness Place" and b) Decourcy-"Ireland". You can't get more irish than that. LOL. Can you see my excitement?!? But that would be great if you could take a peak and see if they've at least dug out the ground, we're in the inner part of the circle.
Old 2008-06-20, 05:20 PM
Regular User

Very nice layout of the Wedgewood model. Hey we're on the same street! (or should I say circle?). We're on the outside of the circle at the very northern end of Phase 5 (if you're looking at the site map):

http://www.greatgulfhomes.com/pdf/site_plan_6.pdf