Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2008-05-21, 10:47 AM
Regular User

Default North of Thomas Alton

Anyone heard any rumors as to when Sundial will start digging north of Thomas Alton? Loads of wood and steel sitting around but no holes.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:01 PM
Regular User

Well, according to the City of Burlington website, there still are not any building permits north of Thomas Alton.

http://mapping.burlington.ca/onpoint...izeclient=true

Tagus B
Old 2008-05-21, 07:07 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Anyone heard any rumors as to when Sundial will start digging north of Thomas Alton? Loads of wood and steel sitting around but no holes.
I can't see them starting the second phase anytime soon since most people on both sides of the creek, Sharp and Sealy have been delayed close to 4 months. Besides, it looks to be a storage area for materials for the yet to be built/framed homes elsewhere.
Old 2008-05-22, 04:17 PM
Regular User

anyone know what kind of commercial building are slated to go there? stores? warehouses? starbucks?
Old 2008-05-25, 10:38 AM
Regular User

Unhappy No holes on Deforest

From reading this thread I take it there is no work being started on Deforest . We are due to fly to Burlington (from our home in the UK) for a holiday at the end of June and had been hoping that there was something to see on our plot, even if it was just a hole (N45). Has anyone been given a time scale of when work is due to start?

Mmmm a Starbucks would be good, or a Timmy's with all its lovely doughnuts

Thanks Susan
Old 2008-05-25, 12:08 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
From reading this thread I take it there is no work being started on Deforest . We are due to fly to Burlington (from our home in the UK) for a holiday at the end of June and had been hoping that there was something to see on our plot, even if it was just a hole (N45). Has anyone been given a time scale of when work is due to start?

Mmmm a Starbucks would be good, or a Timmy's with all its lovely doughnuts

Thanks Susan
Hi Susan,

My new closing date after a 4 month delay is Oct 31 and I am on Sharp and Sealey. They have just started to frame my house. I think you can expect a delay even if they move quickly with the nice weather. If you assume you will get delayed 4 months you will be better able to plan accordingly. If you get delayed less than the max it is a bonus. I don't think they will start to move on Deforest for quite sometime. What is suppose to be your closing date?

If you go to the city of burlington website www.burington.ca you can check to see when the builder applies for permits. Go to mapping then interactive mapping than building permit status inquiry and play with the interactive map from there.That will give you some sort of idea if things are progressing north of Thomas Alton based on the permit application.

I would go with Timmy's over Starbucks!
Old 2008-05-25, 12:52 PM
Regular User

Default No holes on Derforest

Hi AMD1

Thanks for the quick reply, our closing date is Dec 31st. In a way a delay would suit us as we can not move to Burlington till Anthony retires in mid April. So not paying two mortgages would be great but still would rather it was built sooner than MUCH later.
We can not wait to move to Alton Village. Reading most of the feed back it seems very positive and sounds like it is going to be a great community.

Oh yes Timmy's over Starbucks, it's the doughnuts that swung it for me.

Susan
Old 2008-05-26, 04:25 PM
Regular User

We drove by our lot on Deforest this past Saturday (24th May) and it appeared to me that they had graded the soil in the middle of the crescent - which I believe have the earlier closing dates. I would imagine this was in preparation of digging/laying foundations but they certainly hadn't started that yet at all.

Lots of wood (for framing) lying around....
Old 2008-05-26, 06:11 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunectesboy View Post
We drove by our lot on Deforest this past Saturday (24th May) and it appeared to me that they had graded the soil in the middle of the crescent - which I believe have the earlier closing dates. I would imagine this was in preparation of digging/laying foundations but they certainly hadn't started that yet at all.

Lots of wood (for framing) lying around....
Sundial has not even applied to the city of Burlington yet for permits for those lots so it is highly unlikely what you saw was actually preparation for digging.