Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2008-07-14, 04:10 PM
Regular User

Default Townhouses starting at $480K !!!

Do you guys see the sign about townhouses starting at $480K ? Just south of Rutherford (or Carrville), diagonally to Coronation site.

Not sure their sizes, I thought only townhouses at Young & Finch sell for that price range
Old 2008-07-14, 04:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdx View Post
Do you guys see the sign about townhouses starting at $480K ? Just south of Rutherford (or Carrville), diagonally to Coronation site.

Not sure their sizes, I thought only townhouses at Young & Finch sell for that price range
Nope, townhouses at Kennedy and 16th are selling for that price as well. Part of the Angus Glen Community, by Kylemore. And the houses start at like 750k.
Old 2008-07-14, 08:07 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdx View Post
I thought only townhouses at Young & Finch sell for that price range
New townhouses at Yonge and Finch are more like 600,000
Old 2008-07-17, 01:56 PM
Regular User

also you have to consider the size and mainly its location.

kennedy and 16th area is the sought after ANGUS GLENN COMMUNITIES.
even downtown markham is expoiding but the townhouses in both the areas mentioned are not 1200-1500 sqft towns
they are much bigger.

yes still towns but you are gettting a much bigger place than normal towns and the locations you pay to live at.

just like monarch and countrywide VICTORIA SQ.

just off hwy 404....thats why they sell like they are cheap....they are NOT TRUST ME!!

but location will dictate the value will increase and always be valuable since its got great amenities (costco, home depot banks etc just a 2 mins drive over the 404 going west before leslie, CT just south on MAJOR MAK, great schools etc) and location (hwy 404)!

we looked at Upper thornhill estates adn i know i will get some criticism on this next remark but to me (only me and my humble opinion) Bathhurst and teston/major mack is in the middle of nowhere......some may love it there but i want a hwy as close as possible and upper thornhill estates is in the middle of hwy 400 an 404.

there is a reason why thornhill estates give granite, tall upper cabinenets and all the extras vic sq dont get...even the sales ppl say that.

vic sq also went up so much in value its crazy!!!!

i personally wish i wanted at thorhill since you get so much more for the $$$ there. would ahve saved like $15k in upgrades alone that we dont get atvic sq vs UTE.

if you want to confirm this the same house identical to the one we bought called another name at BERZY village also cost $75k less pending on when you bought. same house, same land but just BERZY is at stonebridge(one major street west of McCowan) and major mak (far from hwy 401 and hwy 404)

anyhow that being said the sough after communities in the prime locations dictate price.

Anyone else delayed with Countrywide Homes?
I'd love to hear ur experience and thoughts on it...!
Old 2008-07-17, 02:33 PM
Regular User

Default Upper Thornhill Estates

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandviper View Post
we looked at Upper thornhill estates adn i know i will get some criticism on this next remark but to me (only me and my humble opinion) Bathhurst and teston/major mack is in the middle of nowhere......some may love it there but i want a hwy as close as possible and upper thornhill estates is in the middle of hwy 400 an 404.

Bathurst, North of Major Mac to Teston, that is where those million dollars houses are ! I've seen so many super nice cars driving along Bathurst. I personally have seen since Ferrari, Lambokini there. Just saw a brand new 2009 Mercedes CLS 63 (starting at $128K !!!) this morning. So nice And see Porsche and BMW almost every day. I guess those drivers only care if they live close to golf courses :P

Yes, I agree, close to hwy is very convenient. I would like to have easy access to Hwy too, but I notice whereever there is hwy, there will be condos, townhouses, commercial buildings, etc, lot of traffic, too busy and too much noise for me........I guess that's the trade off (Convenience vs Quietness). Upper Thornhill Estates is a very nice and quiet neighbourhood with all detached houses and Bungalows, wide lot, lot of potential to grow. Yes, it is not next to hwy, but it is about 10-15 mins from Hwy 7, 404 or 400. Not bad. When JCC is complete, the demand and price will probably go up as well

Last edited by rdx; 2008-07-17 at 03:07 PM.
Old 2008-07-17, 02:59 PM
Regular User

RDX, i never said there was no big or expensive houses there.

i am saying that the area for me is not very convenient.

of course there will be big houses and $$$ there since most Jewish ppl and italian ppl buy them all up.

not saying upper thorhill estates is bad in any way.

sorry if i did.

i just wanted to say how houses off a major highway or even golf course or on the subway line always appreciate.

Anyone else delayed with Countrywide Homes?
I'd love to hear ur experience and thoughts on it...!
Old 2008-07-17, 03:25 PM
Regular User

RDX is right. While being close to a Major Highway is convinient, there is also more traffic and busier.. I live at Dufferin and Major Mac and I find Jane/400/Weston and Rutherford is a zoo compared to where I am... The homes at Upper Thornhill Estates and near the JCC could be the most expensive in all the GTA except maybe for Unionville.. It is like that for a reason.