Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Niagara Region

Niagara Region Grimsby, Beamsville, Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Mountainview, Eric Wiens, Pinecrest, Legacy, Great Gulf

Old 2014-05-23, 08:25 PM
Regular User

Thanks! Will do
Old 2014-09-05, 03:27 PM

Hello All,
We are excited about the building of our home, however there have been a few errors along the way. We upgraded our doors to 8ft, but standard doors were installed and the window was cut rectangle when it should have been rounded. Has anyone else experienced any upgrade issues with Great Gulf?
Old 2014-09-16, 05:46 PM
Regular User

Hey everyone,

I just purchased in Rolling Meadows this week! I am so excited we have a July closing.

C&R: My parents purchased a house in Edgewood (Niagara Falls) a few years back - and they had a few errors/problems - but Great Gulf is fantastic at correcting their mistakes. They will fix it no problem with no hassles at all - just let them know about it.

Additionally - your double entry doors look awesome on the house, I am building the exact same model as you.

How did your décor appointment go?
Old 2014-09-19, 09:07 AM

Hi jg09zr,

Congrats on your recent purchase of the Colborne model, I think it is one of the best models for the price.
The décor appointment went well with no delays. My husband and I went to the décor office at least 6 times to select and re-select our choices which made the appointment easy. We had everything pre-selected and added a few extra up-grades which we thought were reasonable priced.
Our house is now in the process of being bricked, very exciting!
What lot are you?
Old 2014-09-19, 09:12 AM
Regular User

Thank you, I agree - I though it was a very reasonable price for that size of a house. We looked everywhere Imagine, Pinewood, Mountain view - and nothing could compare.

I have been once so far to the décor office and oh dear is it tough to choose - so many good options.

I am lot 11. When is your move in date?
Old 2014-09-21, 07:50 AM
Regular User

C&R: What brick package did you choose - it appears as if we made the exact same choice - with the dark windows. Looks great!
Old 2014-09-23, 08:12 PM

My wife and I purchased a new home also in Rolling Meadows. 42 foot - The Queenston ( model ). Picked out our interior décor. Closing is July 2015. We will be LOT # 3 on Sunset Way. Corner of road, no back yard neighbours!
Old 2014-09-30, 07:32 PM

Hi,
Our closing date was pushed back by 5 weeks and are now closing December 2014.
We are very excited and can't wait to move. We try to go to the site to watch the progression of the house weekly and take pictures of the building.
I can't remember the name of the brick package, but it is the one that has the chestnut windows, entry doors and garage doors. The brick is variations of red and the stone.
Old 2014-10-06, 10:38 AM
Regular User

C&R I was wondering if your closing date was delayed....it seemed to take forever for them to start your home! Sorry to hear you have had some issues. We haven't personally experienced any upgrade issues, just overall poor customer service after closing. On a plus note, they started digging the lot behind you today!

It's good to see other people have purchased and found this forum, although I am surprised at the JULY closings! It seems to take them a while to get going, but once they get stared the houses seem to go up quick!
Old 2014-10-17, 10:59 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	12600

They just started digging our hole on October 7th. Excited to see the progress!
We are Lot 3 on Sunset Way