Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2011-11-28, 09:22 PM
Regular User

Default New Towns and Semis ?

Just wondering if anyone knows if there will be any new towns or semis being built in Alton Village ?. Sundial ? Fernbrook ? or Emery Homes ?.
Old 2011-11-29, 10:15 AM
Regular User

The simple answer is yes...

the complicated question is when, the development will take place on the northwest corner of walkers line and dundas in the open field facing the escarpment and the 407. I think there are 300+ homes to be built including semis, towns and not sure what to call them but they are like semi detached townhouses, so one side of the townhouse faces street A and the second townhouse faces side B and they are attached by the back wall.

There are some delays and issues being ironed out, some searches of embee jovic burlington will yield some good reading results.

http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...ighlight=embee
Old 2012-08-25, 06:13 PM
Regular User

Anyone who has been following these threads might appreciate the link below.

For those wondering when and if there will be more homes built in Alton see attached.

http://cms.burlington.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=20154

It appears the development slated for the northwest corner of walkers and dundas has been firmed up, when I don't know but the plan has changed significantly especially regarding the homes that were supposed to have a clear view of the escarpment, looks they will now have a clear view of commercial.

I was kind of hoping as a last ditch effort that these might the homes with a decent real greenspace view, maybe walkouts...plan b

Cheers
Old 2012-08-25, 07:04 PM
Regular User

Interesting...the powers that be seem to think we need another supermarket. I guess Longos, Fortinos, and Walmart are underserving us Alton Villagers
Old 2012-08-29, 11:05 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitch View Post
Interesting...the powers that be seem to think we need another supermarket. I guess Longos, Fortinos, and Walmart are underserving us Alton Villagers
no doubt but they left a patch of grass between to the two buildings...for ambiance I guess or somewhere for the geese to chill.