Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Barrie

Barrie For soon to be and existing residents of Barrie, Simcoe County

Old 2012-05-26, 03:49 PM
Regular User

joverink, i think i saw you guys yesterday. i was at the site around 130ish. Saw a black sierra coming in as i was going out. the driver said hi as we passed, then i thought, hmm, maybe that was them.

was it?
Old 2012-05-28, 08:01 PM

Well Fernbrook just switched from Aya kitchens to Frendel so we will all be making a trip back down to the decor center. I am so disappointed and frustrated. The reviews on Frendel are garbage I'm going to try and stop in to their location on commerce park this week but the website is less then impressive.
Old 2012-05-29, 12:48 AM
Regular User

we got called about our cabinets as well. We have our appointment set for June 9th at Fernbrook's decpr centre.

Last edited by 69L_Forsyth; 2012-06-04 at 03:38 AM.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:38 PM
Regular User

We drove by the site today, our house has the basement walls poured, with the plastic waterproofing membrane as well. Should be backfilling soon. Spoke with the site super, remy, nice guy, said he's ordered the lumber for our house and will be framing up shortly. When asked about a closing date, he said early November. He has about 50 homes to close on or before October 31st, and doesnt want to add another one (our current date is jan 14), but will push for early november.
Old 2012-06-18, 10:01 AM
Regular User

yes that was us who said hi, my husband Jeff...yes we were not impressed about changing cabinet companies but must say that it actually worked out better for us believe it or not..they had the cream colored cabinets that we originally wanted and the handles that we wanted. we downgraded on the bath cabinets but that was by choice cause they didnt have the colors that we wanted in the regular one. but lets be honest, it's a bathroom....we're hoping things are coming along as well as they look. going to be interesting, kinda scary if they have many houses to close for that date. we have to go see Remi about them not being able to put th egarage door in to the house, apparently the grade is too high and they can't do it...
Old 2012-06-18, 06:57 PM
Regular User

I actually spoke with Remi today about our garage door. I had been at the house and was noticing that if i put the door at the front of the garage, the steps would take up space that the car could use to get in, so i asked remi if I could put the door further back near the back of the garage or if they were planning to run something through there. He said they're going to put the headers in where the door was originally going to go, but if i wanted to they could put the headers where i want them to go, so all i have to do is cut it out. So we agreed that they would put the headers at the back end of the garage in front of our house stairs rather than the front.
Old 2012-06-19, 11:06 PM
Regular User

yes we spoke to Remi yesterday too about the garage and he also said the same thing to us. the framing for the door will be there so just have to knock out the drywall and install the door. the door was always supposed to be positioned at the back wall of the garage. apparently some people are being moved closing dates again, not sure if that's you?? i know he said we can guarantee it will be the 31st so we are not chancing it that it's any earlier to move out from our apartment. when are you scheduled to move in?
Old 2012-06-19, 11:39 PM
Regular User

our garage door was supposed to be halfway into the garage, asked to move it to the back. our date is for january 14 right now, so i dont think ours will be delayed. if it is changed, i imagine it would be sooner. we were told by remi early november, but theres nothing on paper confirming that, so we're planning january still.