Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Barrie

Barrie For soon to be and existing residents of Barrie, Simcoe County

Old 2008-05-07, 03:29 PM
Regular User

Default Brookfield Homes Bradford

Does anyone have any experiences with Brookfield Homes in Bradford they would like to share?
We have bought a new home there, but are still at the "empty lot" stage. (Ground has not been broken) We are in stage 2. Those of you that are already in their homes, did you have much of a delay?...we have not been to the decor centre either, any advice from anyone?
Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated!

Last edited by catmaran100; 2008-05-08 at 12:13 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 2008-05-08, 12:54 PM
Regular User

Default Getting ready to sell our house

Our closing date for our Brookfield home is not until October of this year, so now we are getting our other house ready to put up for sale. Decluttering and fresh paint in areas that needed it....the touch ups and jobs that should have been done months ago, but now have an urgent feel!! Our garage is full of JUNK!!...now we either have to have a yard sale or call 1-800-GOT-JUNK. We are worried that if we sell the house in the next month we will have a lapse of time before the new house is ready!!...meaning...we will have no place to live!!...I don't know what we will do in that case. Find a short term rental apartment?...we have pets, so I don't know how that will go over....
Anyone have any experiences to let me know about, and how your transition time was....what arrangements you made. etc?...please let me know!!
Old 2011-09-17, 10:58 AM

Default One year with Brookfield

We just moved in to a Brookfield home in April 2011 into one of the last phase 3s. Our 30 day was an adventure with Brookfield and a bunch of stuff was deferred to the 1 year......just wondering what I can expect for our 1 year. On a whole how did everyone find Brookfield, I realize they are a builder and all builders are not much different with doing as little as possible.