Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-10-05, 12:09 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I believe that the front foyers are always ceramic, but it depends on the model for the hall. In the Berkshire, I believe that the standard in the hall was ceramic as well. There is a credit given for the ceramic, however you are still going to pay more even for the basic grade of hardwood. I am not sure what it breaks down to exactly though.....
Thanks so much Sparky. We like the look of having a single type of flooring throughout the main connected areas of the house (i.e. kitchen, nook, great room). So we're definitely thinking of doing hardwood in all those areas. I'm not quite sure how it would look to have hardwood in the great room and ceramic in the kitchen and nook. Although I prefer to have ceramic in the kitchen and nook as it can get pretty messy in there.
Old 2010-10-05, 12:23 PM
Regular User

We had it in our old house and it looks fine... Matter of fact we did it again in this house. As long as your colours flow it'll work for sure. I was always weary of having hardwood in the kitchen in terms of spilling things or dropping groceries or things like that. It is beautiful though, and easier on the feet. I like having the look of seperate rooms while some like it all to look like one big room... So many options! haha I'm glad we are done all our selections!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktulips View Post
Thanks so much Sparky. We like the look of having a single type of flooring throughout the main connected areas of the house (i.e. kitchen, nook, great room). So we're definitely thinking of doing hardwood in all those areas. I'm not quite sure how it would look to have hardwood in the great room and ceramic in the kitchen and nook. Although I prefer to have ceramic in the kitchen and nook as it can get pretty messy in there.
Old 2010-10-06, 12:31 PM
Regular User

Default Closing dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamnShum View Post
Ours is supposed to be October 15th. I am praying that we don't get one but from what I hear it's almost certain we will.
Hi!

We just got our official date yesterday, we were supposed to be Jan 6th or something like that and now we are the 27th of Jan - therefore they are not quite a month behind.

Waiting is hard ... now lets get on with selling our existing "chateau".
Old 2010-10-06, 02:33 PM
Regular User

That's not too bad... We were supposed to be January 11th, so if they are on the same schedule, we should be the first week in February...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanne View Post
Hi!

We just got our official date yesterday, we were supposed to be Jan 6th or something like that and now we are the 27th of Jan - therefore they are not quite a month behind.

Waiting is hard ... now lets get on with selling our existing "chateau".
Old 2010-10-06, 04:19 PM
Regular User

Ours has the roof, shingles, windows, stairs and a lot of the duct work done... Looks like its ready to be insulated and drywalled soon, as the house seems to have been cleaned up. Both neighbours on either side have been insulated and the drywall sheets are in the house... Melanne may be one of my neighbours as her closing date is before ours. I'm lot 28 if that helps when you're driving by...

Haven't done the framing walkthrough yet, but I assume that is coming anyday now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Melanne and Wings.....what stage is your house at right now?

Last edited by Wings; 2010-10-06 at 04:21 PM.
Old 2010-10-06, 04:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Ours has the roof, shingles, windows, stairs and a lot of the duct work done... Looks like its ready to be insulated and drywalled soon, as the house seems to have been cleaned up. Both neighbours on either side have been insulated and the drywall sheets are in the house... Melanne may be one of my neighbours as her closing date is before ours. I'm lot 28 if that helps when you're driving by...

Haven't done the framing walkthrough yet, but I assume that is coming anyday now...
I guess we can't fight it anymore!

When I first found out about the delays I had asked Harley if he knew when we would be closing and at that time he told us Feb 10th....so if it's any earlier than that I will be happy.

Melanne: How did you get the notice? Did it come in the mail?
Old 2010-10-06, 04:34 PM
Regular User

Sparky, what lot are you guys? When do you close?

We are lot 33 and apparently we are now closing in Feb!
Old 2010-10-06, 09:44 PM
Regular User

Default New owner

Hey guys I'm new here, we just signed and had our first meeting. Just wanted to thank everybody for all of the advice along the way! Any body else form the Comfrey release on here yet?
Old 2010-10-07, 09:29 AM
Regular User

Morning everyone,

For those that are well into their built, I heard that Cardel lets you choose 1 paint colour of your choice and they will paint the whole house that colour, can anyone confirm?

Thanks.
Old 2010-10-07, 09:37 AM
Regular User

That's right, you can pick pretty much the bottom 2 colours on any sample strip that they have, so you have literally hundreds of choices. They still use builders grade paint though so you'll have to repaint before too long, but at least you're not moving into a white house.

You can also pick a second colour to do all the trim (i.e. baseboards, doors, etc..) for 500$