Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-10-13, 01:46 PM
Regular User

Default Hardwood Company

Just wondering what company Cardel uses for hardwood? Is it Westboro? They haven't gotten the best reviews on here...
Old 2010-10-13, 02:03 PM
Regular User

Default Flooring question

At the risk of being annoying with all my flooring questions...

For the Berkshire buyers who did hardwood on the entire main floor, which direction is the wood being installed in? In the kitchen/nook/great room, I think it would look good going from one side of the house to the other... but what about the den/hallway/dining? Should the wood keep going from side to side? If so, should I use a threshold at the dining and den entrances?
Old 2010-10-13, 03:37 PM
Regular User

Lots 71 thru 78 were just recently released and are not all sold. Most have holds but only a few seem to have signed or at least that's what we were told when we were at the design centre.
Old 2010-10-13, 03:40 PM
Regular User

Default Help

Anybody know anything about HRVs. Is it better to have it done during construction? And is a dedicated system better than a non-dedicated one?
Old 2010-10-14, 04:23 PM
Regular User

I was driving in NHS where they are building cardels and the street was full of parked cars kids playing hockey and not paying attention to cars and parents their as well not paying attention. They also had a home made sign that said slow down children playing right in the middle of the street. LOL. I am so happy that I dont live on that street!!!!
Old 2010-10-14, 09:40 PM
Regular User

Does anyone know what the lot width size is for lots 2 - 7? It was mentioned that some or all of these lots may not actually be 40 feet wide and that some of the wider home models may not fit without deleting some side windows?
Old 2010-10-14, 09:47 PM
Regular User

2-7 are all 40 foot wide lots. All 7 of the house models that they build in NHS are actually 32 feet wide (the lenght of the houses vary, but they're all 32 feet wide). There was a problem with an easement or something between a couple of the lots (maybe 3 and 4?, not sure exactly) that affected what models could be built on those lots, maybe that's what you're thinking of?
Old 2010-10-15, 09:37 AM
Regular User

Has anyone had an informal walkthrough with Harley yet? I think we are going this weekend.

Wings: Check your PMs, sent you something.
Old 2010-10-15, 09:50 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Do you mean of the model home or your home? We've been to the model before - but not for awhile.....do you know what stage they are at now (do they have the flooring installed)?
We were there about 2-3 weeks ago and they had just installed the tiling. They were starting to put in the kitchen cabinets, so I would imagine it should be ready by November as promised!
Old 2010-10-15, 10:06 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Do you mean of the model home or your home? We've been to the model before - but not for awhile.....do you know what stage they are at now (do they have the flooring installed)?
I meant our actual home. Harley told me that we could have a walk through the house this weekend - which is a few weeks in advance of our framing walkthrough.

I haven't been to the model yet but the exterior has been done for a little while now, so I can only assume they are a few weeks away from opening. Who knows though.