Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-10-28, 05:17 PM
Regular User

Default Realtor Recommendations - Orleans

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a realtor for selling a home in Orleans? We'll be looking to put our home on the market next spring, but have never had to use a realtor before in this area.

Also, has anyone ever had experience using a realtor who advertises that if they do not sell your home they will buy it from you? I was just wondering what the usual conditions were for this type of deal (i.e. do they buy it from you at your asking price, how long does your house have to be on the market before this deal kicks in).

Sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere. I tried running a search but didn't come up with answers to these questions so I started a new post.
Old 2010-10-28, 05:28 PM
Regular User

Can't speak for an Orleans specific realtor, but based on the rest of your post, I have an idea of which realtor you are referring to.

As for the 'if you don't sell it, we'll buy it', I inquired with them about it when I was putting my house on the market.

They most definitely will not offer you your asking price - it will be substantially lower, and on a price where they won't be losing money by buying your home.

Also, you would mutually agree to that 'we'll buy it' price before you sign with them, so you can always inquire about what they'll buy your property at, before you pick them.

The time limit is moreso based on what you set. The 'we'll sell your home, or i'll buy it' mentality is set for people who are looking to buy another resale home or already have purchased a home and are close to the new closing date. The time limit then, is based on the closing date of your new property.

Hope that helps.
Old 2010-10-28, 06:10 PM
Regular User

I would recommend Jason Green (affiliated with Keller Williams) - he's quite knowledgeable about the east end, isn't pushy and pretty sure he uses a professional photographer, which makes a huge difference. Don't think he's one of those "your home sold or we'll buy it" realtors, though.

www.jasongreen.ca
Old 2010-10-28, 07:39 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the info and recommendations.

I don't have a particular preference for the type of realtor that will purchase your home if it doesn't sell, but was definitely curious on how the whole deal works. There is some pressure to sell the home before we take possession of our new home, but I think we'll have plenty of time

So any realtor recommendations for Orleans are much appreciated. We're definitely looking for someone who knows the area well, does the work and markets the home well.
Old 2010-10-28, 08:17 PM

My wife and I recently moved from Orleans and purchased a home in Findlay Creek. Our realtor was Eric Longpre and we both heartily recommend him. He was always punctual in returning our calls, attentive to our requests, and we found him a pleasure to work with. He even advised us that one home we were considering was not worth the price being asked, and backed that up with a detailed review of that property's history. He could easily have remained silent and made the sale. We were both very satisfied with his level of service.

I have no affiliation with him, just tossing this out here to give you another name to look at.

- Stu
Old 2010-10-28, 08:35 PM
Regular User

We sold our house with Pilon & Hamilton. We used Jason. He was able sale our house before it went on the market and during we're interviewing him.
Old 2010-10-29, 07:36 AM
Regular User

I would reccomend the St.George-Davis team with homelife. http://www.stgeorgesdavis.com/

We've used Dayton before and referred him to some of our friends and colleagues. He is wonderful. However, although they do not offer to "buy your home" they do offer a home warranty, which is a huge bonus and no cost to you.
Good Luck!!
Old 2010-10-29, 10:10 AM
Regular User

Jasmin DICAIRE - with Royal LePage.

He and his team are unreal - they are in the top 1% of Canada for Real Estate Sales and have the added benefit of all the military / RCMP transfers that get siphoned through Royal LePage.

We bought a house with him and he was excellent, to say the least.

jazz@homesinorleans.com
Old 2010-10-29, 10:18 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottagonian View Post
He and his team are unreal - they are in the top 1% of Canada for Real Estate Sales and have the added benefit of all the military / RCMP transfers that get siphoned through Royal LePage.
Fyi they do not get all military leads. The relocation list is not specified to any one real estate office. I know this is this is what my colleauges and I use.
Old 2010-10-30, 09:19 AM
Regular User

I recommend Paul Rushforth Team. They buy your house if they can't sell it. From what they say they're the biggest seller by volume in Ottawa.

Having said this we sold on Grapevine.

Last edited by PhatboyC; 2010-10-30 at 09:46 AM.