Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2010-11-12, 10:11 AM
Regular User

Default KitchenAid up to 20% off sale (ends November 28th)

So I was at both Sears and Corbeil over the weekend, and there is currently a KitchenAid sale going on (offerred by the manufacturer itself) until November 28th where if you purchase 1-2 appliances you get 10% off, 3 appliances you get 15% off, and 4 appliances you get 20% off.

My house doesn't close until August 2011. Is it too early to purchase my appliances now? Or is this a good enough sale (I plan to purchase 3-4 appliances) to buy now?

Also, do you think price can be negotiated with the store on top of the sale being offerred by KitchenAid? That is, can the price of appliances be negotiated down from the price tag, and then have the KitchenAid discount (10-20%) applied?
Old 2010-11-12, 10:28 AM
Regular User

I would be interested to know the answer to your questions also.

I close in July 2011, but my main concern is if I buy my appliances now, does the warranty start now, when I won't actually start using the appliances until July 2011?
Old 2010-11-12, 12:01 PM
Regular User

They had similar sale a month ago. Realistically Its pretty much guaranteed that they will have quite a few of these till August 2011. Rest is up to you.

Old 2010-11-12, 02:20 PM
Regular User

You should have no problem negotiating 20% off at almost any time at sears if you are buying 4 major appliances. As far as getting more off it really depends on the sale. When we recently bought our appliances at Sears the sales agent mentioned that if the sale was through Sears then they couldn't do much better (maybe a bit) but if the sale was some sort of cash back or rebate direct from the manufacturer then any reduction through Sears would be in addition to the rebate. Like I said though, you should almost always be able to negotiate 20% off when you buy 4 appliances at Sears.
Old 2010-11-12, 06:31 PM
Regular User

sears price matches and have gone as much as 27% off for me and i still got the mfg rebate on top of that.
Old 2010-11-12, 07:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie_ft View Post
I would be interested to know the answer to your questions also.

I close in July 2011, but my main concern is if I buy my appliances now, does the warranty start now, when I won't actually start using the appliances until July 2011?
I am not sure if all places are like this but I bought my appliances from Leon's in September 2009 and had them delivered March 26th, 2010. My dishwasher wasn't working properly recently and when I called Samsung, they said that in order to be covered under the one year mfg warranty, all I needed to do was show them the delivery receipt. I had not kept the delivery receipt so I went to Leon's and they gave me a copy of both the sales receipt and the delivery confirmation.

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek
Closing: November 28th, 2013

Old 2010-11-19, 10:52 AM
Regular User

I took advantage of the sale and bought my appliances for delivery in April 2011. I was also nervous about buying so early, but I have to give my measurements for the built in appliances to the builder at the end of this month.