Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-04-12, 06:38 PM
Regular User

its the item cost + the admin fee for builders we have used
Old 2011-04-13, 01:35 AM
Regular User

Hi neighbour! Sure did not look like a 4% grade, but we asked "Don" at the walkthrough and he looked it up on the spot and said 4%. He said they had a lot of filling in to do, but good question, will they do it before we close? Wish we had asked that. We were to close May 19, were delayed to July 12 at latest, but Don said he sees mid June as completely possible. Depending on the sale of current home, we may not be in until the first week of July. Hope you are not delayed - see you there soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev11 View Post
We're on lot 3, right beside you. Did it look like it was only a 4% grade? Are they doing anything more to it before you close or is it pretty much going to be as is? Our current home is pretty sloped in the backyard because we have a drain at the back and it drives me crazy. We can't even put lawnchairs on the grass without them being tipsy and we often get standing water at the very back near the fence after rain. We had the builder look at during our inspection and they basically said that unless there's still standing water 48 hours after rainfall, they won't do anything about it. If the new yard is just as sloped, I guess we'll have to think about building a deck!

BTW - when do you move in? We close in August (hopefully!).
Old 2011-04-13, 09:28 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky View Post
If you end up taking the upgrade, you only pay the 100$ extra in your example (so 300 total, not 500). If you don't take the upgrade, they keep the 200. We've gone through this already with Cardel, so I'm sure this is the way it is.
Thanks Dunky. That's what I thought. I also got confirmation that any late changes involving Deslauriers would incur an administration fee as well. Hopefully its not too painful!
Old 2011-04-13, 10:49 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonshire View Post
Hi neighbour! Sure did not look like a 4% grade, but we asked "Don" at the walkthrough and he looked it up on the spot and said 4%. He said they had a lot of filling in to do, but good question, will they do it before we close? Wish we had asked that. We were to close May 19, were delayed to July 12 at latest, but Don said he sees mid June as completely possible. Depending on the sale of current home, we may not be in until the first week of July. Hope you are not delayed - see you there soon!

Speaking of 'Don'...there must have been some drama at Cardel I think...we had our walk through with Don a week ago or so and the next day I got a call to go back through it with another guy because "Don is no longer with the company"...(Paul maybe)

Not sure what happened there but it was surprising, but we're closing on time! Jun 2nd, lot 1 can't wait!!
Old 2011-04-13, 11:03 AM
Regular User

Weird, we got a really good vibe from Don, and he was saying that he had been with the company for a long time.

Jer - Did you find anything at the second PDI that wasn't found or pointed out in the first?
Old 2011-04-13, 11:36 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky View Post
Weird, we got a really good vibe from Don, and he was saying that he had been with the company for a long time.

Jer - Did you find anything at the second PDI that wasn't found or pointed out in the first?
No, nothing that I know of, and I agree we had a good time with Don at the walk-through etc...no clue
Old 2011-04-13, 01:31 PM
Regular User

people can be let go for being too customer friendly
Old 2011-04-13, 07:14 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktulips View Post
Thanks Dunky. That's what I thought. I also got confirmation that any late changes involving Deslauriers would incur an administration fee as well. Hopefully its not too painful!
We just went through this process this week, so we have some very recent (mixed) experience with it. I pm'd you with the details!
Old 2011-04-14, 12:54 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonshire View Post
We are on lot 2 backing onto Provence and were concerned about the grade as well. We asked at our recent walkthrough and were told it's a 4% grade.
Here's a photo from between our houses...I'll be interested to see how this ends up at a 4% grade...also I'm thinking I may need to plant a lot of something to cover up that exposed foundation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Framing walkthrough 265 (4).jpg
Views:	205
Size:	688.7 KB
ID:	8266  
Old 2011-04-14, 08:21 PM
Regular User

Cooper - they poured your foundation today
Ex-Minto Homeowner