Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-06-25, 06:17 PM
Regular User

Default Considering Mattamy in Orleans?

Hopefully anyone looking to purchase a new home will contact the city beforehand to check the status of the phase because you can't trust every builder! After reading and hearing (both on the news and on this forum) about many ex-Mattamy owners in Kanata Fairwinds, I understand that just because a builder has "draft site plan approval" does not mean they are able to build - only that they are legally able to sell.

Google Mattamy Fairwinds to find interviews and news reports on this subject.
Old 2010-06-25, 11:01 PM
Regular User

There's some type of building being built near Harvest Valley and Tenth Line. It looks like a sales office and a big one, I wonder if it's Mattamy?
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2010-06-26, 07:47 AM
Regular User

I heard that it was, but seems like a weird location for their sales office. My understanding was that they were building east of 10th Line? The entire area around that building at 10th Line/Harvest is being cleared, so it definitely looks like it's about to be developed.

Per Mattamy's website:
"Mattamy in Orleans is scheduled to be launched in Summer 2010 and will be located south of the Blackburn Hamlet Bypass, east of the Portobello Road extension."

This article also refers to Mattamy's existing lands east of 10th Line:
http://www.orleansstar.ca/Business/N...o-swap-lands/1
Old 2010-06-26, 09:24 AM
Regular User

A reliable source tells me they haven't got the permits yet, just like some builders at half moon bay, selling lots but not able to deliver because the city hasn't approved
Old 2010-06-26, 09:50 AM
Regular User

Anyone know when they will officially start selling this summer....I'm really curious on pricing. Do you think it will be more $$ than HMB ??

Old 2010-06-26, 01:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1975 View Post
I heard that it was, but seems like a weird location for their sales office. My understanding was that they were building east of 10th Line? The entire area around that building at 10th Line/Harvest is being cleared, so it definitely looks like it's about to be developed.
It may be because Tenth Line Rd is so busy at times, they can take advantage of the free advertisement.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2010-06-26, 01:37 PM
Regular User

Two weeks ago I went to Minto's sales office on Tenth Line and a sales agent confirmed to me that it is indeed Mattamy who intends on building right at the end of Harvest Valley and Tenth Line.
Old 2010-06-26, 06:44 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by England View Post
A reliable source tells me they haven't got the permits yet, just like some builders at half moon bay, selling lots but not able to deliver because the city hasn't approved
That doesn't surprise me and given what Mattamy did in Kanata, I would definitely proceed with caution.
Old 2010-06-26, 07:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Diver View Post
That doesn't surprise me and given what Mattamy did in Kanata, I would definitely proceed with caution.
Yep... me too.
Old 2010-06-26, 09:06 PM
Regular User

Unfortunately we were so blinded by falling in love with the Mattamy floor plans and location that we completely missed asking the important questions beforehand. Now it's two years and $80,000 later (because that's how much house prices had increased by the time Mattamy cancelled our development). We had no real recourse because we signed a conditional purchase agreement which stated that Mattamy could walk away if they didn't get the required permits from the City. They swore up and down for two years that it would never happen and they were "close" to being approved. But they weren't and the families that believed them paid a dear price. Call the city and ask questions. If they don't have more than draft subdivision approval, don't hand them your hard earned money.