Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2022-04-16, 01:13 PM
Regular User

Default Builder got the wrong stairs stain colour

Hello,

Does this happen often? Looking through the window of my home being built, I noticed that my builder got the wrong stain color for the main grand stairs. Definitely not what I chose and will not match the flooring I chose.

I emailed them but they're obviously closed and now we're stressing.

If it ends up being their mistake, would they force us to accept it due to some hidden clause? Or would they actually replace the entire stairs? I haven't had my hard hat visit yet, so they're still early.

Anyone been in this situation?

Last edited by 240sxer; 2022-04-17 at 12:35 PM.
Old 2022-04-19, 05:35 PM

Hello! Iím wondering if maybe they just havenít applied the stain yet? They do them after installation so it might look like very light wood. If it is the wrong stain we just did our walk through for PDI and they have a complete list of all your selections - if itís wrong theyíll fix it! Good luck!
Old 2022-05-10, 01:02 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxer View Post
Hello,

Does this happen often? Looking through the window of my home being built, I noticed that my builder got the wrong stain color for the main grand stairs. Definitely not what I chose and will not match the flooring I chose.

I emailed them but they're obviously closed and now we're stressing.

If it ends up being their mistake, would they force us to accept it due to some hidden clause? Or would they actually replace the entire stairs? I haven't had my hard hat visit yet, so they're still early.

Anyone been in this situation?
Your stairs could also be covered up and sealed. We just did the hard hat frame walk a few weeks ago and while the stairs are installed, they are covered up completely with plastic wrap and board (so that contractors dont damage it)

Of course if you have been able to see them up close by other means, you might have been able to see them already in which what im saying is pointless lol