Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-05-07, 10:15 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA87 View Post
Mattamy still has lots of issues! There are the same as 8 years ago. Most don't talk about it here. We like many had a nightmare. It has taken me a year to get over it. The only good thing I can say good about them is that their warranty department came through.
I never said they don't have issues, I'm just commenting on our great experience building two (2) homes with them.

And while their lots are typically quite shallow as a base (82'-88' ft), our single was 111' and we were very happy.

To each their own.
Old 2018-05-07, 10:18 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsky View Post
That is absolutely not true. Mattamy owners have posted countless horror stories in the Blackstone/Fernbank community about their homes.

Mattamy is the highest volume builder in Ottawa, they achieve this by offering the best value per sqFT, however their lot sizes are shorter than other builders (WideLot is a brilliant marketing scheme), and they have failed to adopt many features which are standard for other builders (such as 9' ceiling on first floor, and mattamy townhomes come with an unfinished basement).

Mattamy definitely cuts corners in their workmanship, standard features, and lot size, in order to keep the prices of their house low compared to other builders.
To each their own.

I am highlighting my great experiences (2) and also that Mattamy can produce quality and sub-quality just like most other builders in Ottawa. Some people choose to narrow in because they had a bad experience and they are welcome to do so...but I will chime in to show the other side of the coin so people have a fair comparison.