Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2009-08-31, 01:55 PM
Regular User

Welcome AZ & GC.

According to Greenpark, unstained oak hardwood flooring cost $13 per square foot. Also, don't forget about the stairs and stair landings.

Regards,
RDG
Old 2009-08-31, 01:58 PM
Regular User

Welcome to the site AZ & GC! Nice to meet you. Now RDG can update the map again! We keep you busy RDG! LOL!

I have been to the Decor Centre but just to browse and for an electrical apt. I do not have prices for many things yet because I was told they have not received the measurements for our development yet. This means the exact size of each room so they can determine how much flooring, carpet or tile is required etc. so they can give us exact prices. Sorry, you'll have to be patient along with the rest of us!
Old 2009-08-31, 09:25 PM
Regular User

No trouble at all, PJD....but I'll have to make my updates on a weekly basis.

By the way, did you have your electrical appointment with Greenpark at the decor centre or was it with Built-in Technology / <company name removed for legal reasons> in the same plaza. I was told by a sales agent at the sales centre that Built-in Technology is the company that does wiring for Greenpark and that I should make an appointment with them the same day I visit the Greenpark decor centre. Now, I am not sure whether or not that Built-in Technology only handles the alarm system and the smart cabling (Cat 5e cabling) or they also do electrical wiring.

Anyhow, my wife booked us for an appointment on September 8. I guess I'll know how things work then.

AZ & GC, great choice. I was also thinking of buying the Redstone 7 because I really liked its layout, with the family room upstairs. My wife wanted another model (Redstone 2), so we ended up compromising on Redstone 6.

RDG
Old 2009-08-31, 10:19 PM
Regular User

I got the Redstone 2! So RDG, tell your wife she can visit with me! LOL!

My electrical apt. was at the Decor Centre with the same person who I will be picking things with and getting prices from etc. The unit you are speaking about, I went to speak to a rep there one day and he told me they will start calling us in the fall and what they do is the telephone jacks (you are allowed 2) and cable (also allowed two) and alarm system if you are interested. They also install speakers and central vacs, but I did not inquire about that. I have not made my apt. with them yet nor have they called me. I will eventually, no rush. They will tell you where they usually install the jacks and you can tell them if you want it elsewhere or you can pay to have more etc.

You should go browse at the Decor Centre, familiarize yourself with what they have. Have you not gone yet?
Old 2009-09-01, 08:47 AM
Regular User

Yup, my wife will definitely want to see what a Redstone 2 looks like. We have gone to the decor centre twice so have somewhat of an idea of what the standard and upgraded items look like. What I don't know are the costs for some of the upgrades not shown in the decor centre, such as a conduit from the basement to the attic, additional A/C outlets, festive lighting, etc.

Regards,
RDG
Old 2009-09-01, 09:07 AM
Regular User

What is the conduit from the basement to the attic for? By A/C outlets you mean vents or what? And you want them to install permanent x-mas lights? LOL! What do you mean by festive lights? Are you just referring to outdoor lighting?
Old 2009-09-01, 01:55 PM
Regular User

Hi PJD.

I am thinking that the conduit from the basement to the attic will facilitate future wiring / cabling projects to the second floor or the exterior of the home. It's easier to fish cables from the ceiling than it is to go through the main floor. A/C circuit is just your normal run of the meal household juice (110 volt, 60 Hz alternating circuit ). Festive lighting, I read somewhere, makes it easier to install Christmas lights. i.e. AC receptacles in the right locations around the exterior of the house.

All that being said, if the price is unreasonable, I am willing to forgo these upgrades....well except for the conduit.

RDG
Old 2009-09-01, 04:01 PM
Regular User

Great news boys and girls! I just got a call from the Decor Centre to book my appointment! She said that they were just told to start booking apointments with our subdivision - woohoo! I guess it is safe to assume that they will call people in order of closing dates.

I booked my first and second apt. already, one later this month and one in October. I could have booked next week but I didn't want to use vacation days so I waited till my scheduled days off since she didn't want to do Saturdays. No rush anyway. They won't build my house any faster for it!

But I am sooooo thrilled as I am sure you will be after reading this!
Old 2009-09-01, 06:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post
Great news boys and girls! I just got a call from the Decor Centre to book my appointment! She said that they were just told to start booking apointments with our subdivision - woohoo! I guess it is safe to assume that they will call people in order of closing dates.

I booked my first and second apt. already, one later this month and one in October. I could have booked next week but I didn't want to use vacation days so I waited till my scheduled days off since she didn't want to do Saturdays. No rush anyway. They won't build my house any faster for it!

But I am sooooo thrilled as I am sure you will be after reading this!
The sooner the people finish the structural the faster they apply for permits
Old 2009-09-01, 07:27 PM
Regular User

My boyfriend and I fell in love with the family room concept upstairs when we visited Treasure Hills' model home - Coral 3, which I believe is identical to Redstone 2 with Green Park. But we ended up going with Redstone 7 because I wanted the bigger walk-in closet in the Master.

I called the decor center 2 days after we made the offer to make an appointment. LOL. Our appointment is scheduled for September 11. At the time I called, I was told that they no longer assign structural appointments for our phase??? And were we suppose to have an electrical appointment as well??

We've only been to the decor center once to browse around but it was very overwhelming and we didn't know where to start or look. So we are hoping that we can get tons of assistance and guidance when it comes time for our appointment.

R_D_G, please keep us updated on your appointment on the 8th... let us know how it goes...