Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2012-02-23, 10:11 PM
Regular User

Default Dog poop

I had someone throw a baggie with their dogs poop on my property before I had grass and it sat under the snow all winter and in the Spring one of dogs ran out ( little yorkie) and rubbed her body all over this bag that I was unaware of. The smell was worst then poop, when I went to see what my dog had gotten into I was half expecting to see a dead animal in the bag but was more disgusted to see that someone was that lazy that they would throw their poop on my property instead of a garbage bin. Lets just say that in a bag sitting in heat, moisture and cold it was disgusting. My dog needed two baths and I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach when i smelt that.
I have children and dogs and this does not stop me from being considerate.
Old 2012-02-24, 06:52 AM
Regular User

Default Air conditioners

And this is related to Air Conditioners - how??

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtheyukon View Post
I had someone throw a baggie with their dogs poop on my property before I had grass and it sat under the snow all winter and in the Spring one of dogs ran out ( little yorkie) and rubbed her body all over this bag that I was unaware of. The smell was worst then poop, when I went to see what my dog had gotten into I was half expecting to see a dead animal in the bag but was more disgusted to see that someone was that lazy that they would throw their poop on my property instead of a garbage bin. Lets just say that in a bag sitting in heat, moisture and cold it was disgusting. My dog needed two baths and I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach when i smelt that.

Irene
Old 2012-02-24, 09:52 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene View Post
And this is related to Air Conditioners - how??
now now, obviously luvtheyukon misclicked on the wrong thread. Things are pretty heated in that one there

Back to the original topic, Is there a time frame of when the air conditioner has to be installed by? I got my first delay and it'll be mid August so it really might be September or later before I actually close.

Thanks
Old 2012-02-24, 10:01 PM
Regular User

VolgaOnline, that will not be a problem the deposit just needs to be made by May 1st and you can schedule the installation for a later date. In my opinion though by September you may not need an air conditioner as much. I would be more than happy to add you to our group buy if you like.
Old 2012-02-25, 11:12 AM
Regular User

Default Doggy doo

See my response in the Doggy doo forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtheyukon View Post

Irene
Old 2012-03-06, 02:13 PM
Regular User

Hi Ucool80,

You make a good point. I might as well wait for the following year.

Thanks!
Old 2012-03-08, 11:50 AM
Regular User

Default Air conditioner grou buy

I felt the pricing offered on the high side and wanted to let you all know who I went with:

"Rocky" who drops off flyers in the neighbourhood all the time is the owner of the company called "Air Makers Inc.".
They installed a 3 ton AC for me (made by the Lennox company, but not a true Lennox) plus an Aprilair humidifier for a total of $ 2,469.00. This included the machines, the extra wiring and the installation.

All seems to be working fine!

Let me know if you need the contact information

Irene
Old 2012-03-08, 03:57 PM
Regular User

Irene,

Rocky is an off the street kind of person that claims to do installation for window coverings (blinds, shutters, drapes etc), Door Inserts, Alarm systems and HVAC. I am not too sure how reliable his installation and his after sales service will be if any service is required to the unit. He came knocking on my door a few days back offering me all sorts of services.

I personally would rather trust a person who runs a registered HVAC company, pulls out all permits, provides warranty on the unit, registers the unit with the Air conditioning company, takes over the furnace warranty and is well reviewed over someone who comes knocking on the door providing and claiming to be able to be a jack of all trades.
Old 2012-03-09, 09:25 AM
Regular User

Please refer to my post before I made my decision to ask for everyone's advise. I received no responses.

I do have a unit with proper warranty etc.; the after care so far has been excellent; the "jack of all trades" is Rocky's dad and he is a very kind person. And the main reason for my choice was the cost. I saved a considerable amount of money.

Let's compare notes in a few years and see if either of us will have had any issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene View Post
Has anyone done business with Rocky? (647 299 7380 - 1 877 303 7380)
He's dropping off flyers in the neighbourhood - his offer for a 3 ton is $1,899 - - with a few freebies thrown in.
Does anyone know him and his reputation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucool80 View Post
Irene,

Rocky is an off the street kind of person that claims to do installation for window coverings (blinds, shutters, drapes etc), Door Inserts, Alarm systems and HVAC. I am not too sure how reliable his installation and his after sales service will be if any service is required to the unit. He came knocking on my door a few days back offering me all sorts of services.

I personally would rather trust a person who runs a registered HVAC company, pulls out all permits, provides warranty on the unit, registers the unit with the Air conditioning company, takes over the furnace warranty and is well reviewed over someone who comes knocking on the door providing and claiming to be able to be a jack of all trades.

Irene
Old 2012-03-17, 09:48 PM
Regular User

Default Please make your deposits..

Just as a reminder, please contact Craig directly and make your deposits so that you can book with him an installation date. I suspect he is going to get very busy this year.

With the early warm spring that we have had, I expect its going to be a long warm summer!!