Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General chit chat that doesn't have to be specific to home ownership.

Old 2012-03-19, 01:54 PM
Regular User

Default iPad question

Hey all, if I take a picture with my Canon T3i, can I move it to an Ipad and view it right away or do I need to convert that .jpg file to something else?
Old 2012-03-19, 04:36 PM
Regular User

The iPAD will support JPEG.

You can import the pic from your Canon to your PC then have iCloud send copies to all your IOS devices over WiFi. Very cool.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:23 PM
Regular User

my PC is windows 7 and not wi-fi, its wired to my router. sorry i'm not an apple person. so will my win7 PC see the ipad without having to use icloud?
Old 2012-03-19, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Wifi has nothing to do with it.

iCloud is a virtual storage area located way out on the internet somewhere. Your iDevice(s) will sync to it when you are not looking. If you take a picture with your iPhone, it can be sync'ed to iCloud and then it will appear on your iPad.. vice versa.

You can also install iCloud on your Windows 7 machine and it will do the same thing.

We use it all the time for field work. My guys take pictures out on the job and then they appear on my desktop back at the office using iCloud.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/

You can take pictures with your camera, put the card in your computer, drag and drop them into the iCloud folder on your computer and then they will start appearing on your iDevice(s)
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2012-03-20, 09:33 AM
Regular User

interesting. but can I map to the ipad in windows 7 (ie: a drive letter in My Computer) and access the ipad that way and transfer pictures to the hardrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
Wifi has nothing to do with it.

iCloud is a virtual storage area located way out on the internet somewhere. Your iDevice(s) will sync to it when you are not looking. If you take a picture with your iPhone, it can be sync'ed to iCloud and then it will appear on your iPad.. vice versa.

You can also install iCloud on your Windows 7 machine and it will do the same thing.

We use it all the time for field work. My guys take pictures out on the job and then they appear on my desktop back at the office using iCloud.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/

You can take pictures with your camera, put the card in your computer, drag and drop them into the iCloud folder on your computer and then they will start appearing on your iDevice(s)
Old 2012-03-20, 11:48 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homie27 View Post
interesting. but can I map to the ipad in windows 7 (ie: a drive letter in My Computer) and access the ipad that way and transfer pictures to the hardrive?
I think you have to use iTunes to do that. The iPad will not be available as an external drive.
Old 2012-03-20, 01:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homie27 View Post
As gerapau's said, you would use iTunes to Synch your iPad with your Windows PC using a USB cable. But the least painful way would be to use iCloud. Your pics will sync from and to a Photo Stream folder on your PC via Wi-Fi. As long as your iPAD has access to your wi-fi network it will work.

Install iCloud to your PC.
Turn on iCloud through the settings options in the iPAD.
Old 2012-03-20, 01:30 PM
Regular User

Apple is just different isn't it. its like apples to oranges. I don't have an ipad, but i'm thinking of getting one for the wife.

I guess I would use the iphoto app to view pictures? would I be able to see the difference between the ipad3 and ipad2 screen resolutions when viewing 18MP pictures from my Canon camera? or will the iphoto app reduce the resolution of the picture?
Old 2012-03-20, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Get one for your wife. I'm sure she can figure it out.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2012-03-21, 10:15 AM
Regular User

i'm sure she will, but i'd like to know what would happen to an 18MP picture on an ipad3. I still need to determine if I'm going to get an ipad2 or ipad3.