Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Old 2012-07-31, 04:32 PM
Regular User

Question Tarion conciliation inspection for Special Seasonal items - no form or list to go by?

So we received this in our inbox:
----
Our records show that you are eligible to request a conciliation inspection for Special Seasonal items between Jul 05, 2012 and Aug 03, 2012.
If we accepted your form and there are any Special Seasonal items that have not been repaired or resolved by your builder, you may contact us at 1-877-982-7466 between these dates to request a conciliation inspection. Please be aware that there is a fee for the inspection, which will be refunded to you if we find at least one item that is warranted.

If you do not request a conciliation inspection between these dates, we will consider your items to have been withdrawn and will not be able to resolve the situation.

If you have already booked an inspection, please disregard this message.

Tarion
Sign in to the Homeowner Portal
-----

I login to the portal but couldn't find a form or list of seasonal items to check for this inspection.

Anyone know what kind of things are considered seasonal items? I remember (faintly but am not definite) that while I was completing the one-year warranty claim, there were some items that were seasonal.

Is there a quick list I can go by so that I don't miss the deadline if the builder does not agree to fix the issues? To be quite frank, we haven't noticed any leaks from torrential rain.

From the link below, it seems that only the quality of the final grading and the installation of asphalt driveway would be a cause of concern though I'm not even sure if there is anything wrong with them.

The completion of the new home’s final grading, landscaping (laying sod, etc.) and the installation of driveways, patios and walkways are considered special seasonal warranty items

http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prote...rranty%20Items

Many thanks in advance.
Old 2012-08-07, 01:49 PM
Regular User

Hi Alan,

The sentence you quoted " The completion of the new home’s final grading, landscaping (laying sod, etc.) and the installation of driveways, patios and walkways are considered special seasonal warranty items" is all that is covered. Later on in the year, you will likely get another e-mail from Tarion saying that you are eligible for a concilliation inspection for all other exterior items.

For me, I mentioned to the builder that I was considering asking for a concilliation for my special seasonal items, and they fixed my walkway and laid the sod that very day.