Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-02-15, 08:35 PM
Regular User

Default What to Believe - Please read and respond with thoughts

Conflicting stories have been circulating regarding the delays in Stouffville. Not sure how much of it i believe. There has to be a way to get more secure answers that from what we read on boards like these or from friends of friends. The builder will never blame themselves for any delays but would rather pass the blame to an issue outside of their control.

River Ridge - Fieldgate
Purchased: Feb 2005
Closing: Jan 2007
Old 2006-02-15, 11:39 PM
Regular User

I've heard stories ranging from Lebovic to dewatering and more. Fieldgate reps seem happy blaming Lebovic, while the PR reps seem to blame dewatering, and the city of Stouffville.

I like to keep track of http://townofws.com/minutes, which is a listing of council meetings in Stouffville. Note that you have to apply some sort of legalese filter in order to interpret anything in any real way.

For example, m20060129, item #6:

Quote:
COUNCIL RESOLUTION OF NOVEMBER 15TH, 2005
YORK DURHAM SANITARY SEWER CAPITAL PROJECTS & ASSOCIATED DE-WATERING PROGRAM

Council resolved:

THAT Council convene a technical workshop and invite Regional Officials to provide a detailed overview and presentation on the York Durham Sanitary Sewer System, with a specific focus on the dewatering program being advanced on the 16th Avenue Phase II and the 19th Avenue Interceptor Sanitary Sewer / Leslie Street Lower Trunk projects;

AND THAT Council delay the implementation of the Resolution of November 15th, 2005 concerning the preparation of a work plan and cost estimates of the provision of consulting services to assess the de-watering practices of the Region of York associated with the expansions / upgrades to the York Durham Sanitary Sewer System until the information from the workshop has been assessed and considered;

AND THAT Staff be directed to initiate discussions with the Region of York on the framework of the workshop and potential meeting dates as soon as possible.
So what does this mean? Does it affect us? Is there more than one dewatering program in effect? I know that they resolved something around that period in respect to our area, however it states something along the lines of Leslie street, which is pretty much in Richmond Hill. Apply political filter liberally
Old 2006-02-16, 05:52 PM
Regular User

We called the Town of Stouffville to see if they could provide us with any information on what the excessive delays are. We were told that the builders need to register the sub-division with the developer and that they are making sure all their T's are crossed and their I's are dotted. We were also told that we probably know more info about this than the Town does, and what they told us was all the info they had.

We don't know what or who to believe anymore.
Old 2006-02-17, 08:25 AM
Regular User

The sewer and dewatering seems to be the most likley but there could also be legal disputes between the builders and developer - that could explain why they are not giving us the details - 'gag order' or what ever its called. That could also take a long time to resolve in the courts.
Old 2006-02-17, 08:55 AM
Regular User

Default Fun

Hey guys,

I have heard every story in the book. I have spoken to the town, the sales office and head office. Ofcourse no one at the developers office will speak to me. Just to rhyme off a few reasons for the delay...

1. Native artifact findings
2. Bad Weather
3. A conflict involving rail road crossings.
4. A conflict involving the development of another site - a commercial site.
5. Delays with the sewer.
6. De-watering issues on the site itself

I have to admit, I am very concerned about the dates given to Great Gulf Homes. If their earliest is June 2007 - that's what the rest of us are looking at. We're all at the mercy of the developer, so all of us will have the same dates. I have been tracking on the other boards and the dates all follow each other, we all just find out at different times. Given that the land has not yet been registered, it is unlikely that Fieldgate will be able to start in March, although they are going ahead as if they were going to start then, so we'll see. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I've been waiting a long time now and I don't want to get too excited about a closing date until I see some progress on the site.

Deva
Old 2006-02-17, 09:46 AM
Regular User

Default Re: Fun

yeah, all these conflicting stories don't allow us to trust any of the info we hear these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva
I have to admit, I am very concerned about the dates given to Great Gulf Homes. If their earliest is June 2007 - that's what the rest of us are looking at.
As for GGH's new closing dates (we still don't have ours yet), we're hoping that they are trying to "play it safe" by giving out further dates just in case. That's what they did with the original closing dates when you compare them to those that Mattamy gave in for the same development. GGH's were a few months later because they wanted to be sure they wouldn't have to push them back.

So hopefully, these new May & June closing dates, are actually January, February, March dates... but then again, maybe we're being too optimistic. :oops:
Old 2006-02-18, 11:20 PM
Regular User

I have heard all of these as well.. it seems the town knows nothing.. builder blaming developers, developer blaming local gov't and round and round we go..

who knows .. may be all of these issues or some of the issues have been encountered.

If the builders are so concerned about their money, and delayed closing dates, then they should know exactly what is going on. They (builder and developer) all have a common vested interest (our $$$)

Where they fail as responsible companies, is to clearly state to the clients what are the issues, what are they doing about it, and what are the expected delays. And this is folks is the most upsetting part.