Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2010-01-10, 04:52 PM
Regular User

Default Closing recommendations / thoughts...

Happy New Years!

Well, it's a new Year and I'm starting my countdown - approximatley 4 months left until closing and wondering if anyone has any recommendations / thoughts on what to do or expect in the upcoming months. I have purchased a new home before but forget if there is anything special I should be doing now - or do I just wait til it's almost time (ie. check in with lawyer/ mortgage / broker etc). Any thoughts on a good mortgage or broker (or whatever they are called) - rates etc. I know the time is going to fly by and I'm getting a little nervous that everythings goes smoothly.

Also, any recommendations or referrals for good local movers?
Old 2010-01-10, 06:54 PM
Regular User

Mortgagestp: www.ratesupermarket.ca/best_mortgage_rates/

Blueline Moving & Storage
Head Office: 1776 O’Connor Drive, Toronto, Ontario, M4A 1W8
Phone: 416 293 3244 Fax: 416 293 4379 Email: blueline@bellnet.ca
Old 2010-02-19, 02:36 PM
Regular User

Thumbs up

Blueline is a decent company to deal with. On my day of moving, 3 young guys came in. Very efficient and frienly. They have lunch time with all the stuff on their truck and get back within 30min. 1 or 2 social time within 5mins.

The only thing my wife doesn't like is they didn't have enough runner to cover the carpetted area. They directly walk on the hardwood floor, and they didn't put the mattress in mattress bag, which the sale man said they would do.

They gave us 25 boxes for free and delivered to our door. This helped us a lot.

Overall we are happy with them. I recommend Blueline to other people.
Old 2010-02-19, 06:32 PM
Regular User

Congratulation!
My closing date is also in June. I would like to shear my preparation list for your reference.

1. Prepare the room by room consolidation PDI check list.
2. Try to take the constructing house photos as many as possible. The frame work and utilities behind the drywall may be important for future
3 get best deal of mortgage rate and then get the pre-approval within 3 months before.
4. Search the better appliances and lock the on sale items with the shop.
5. Fix the interior design with the family.
6. Look for reliable trader/handyman so that the modification work can be carried out sooner.
Old 2010-02-20, 11:48 PM
Regular User

If anyone is looking for a trustworthy mortage broker that offers excellent rates, contact Serge at 416-995-6245

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi04 View Post
Happy New Years!

Well, it's a new Year and I'm starting my countdown - approximatley 4 months left until closing and wondering if anyone has any recommendations / thoughts on what to do or expect in the upcoming months. I have purchased a new home before but forget if there is anything special I should be doing now - or do I just wait til it's almost time (ie. check in with lawyer/ mortgage / broker etc). Any thoughts on a good mortgage or broker (or whatever they are called) - rates etc. I know the time is going to fly by and I'm getting a little nervous that everythings goes smoothly.

Also, any recommendations or referrals for good local movers?
Old 2010-03-10, 01:49 PM

Hey I'm a first time home buyer and just wondering if i need to get a home inspector for my Pre Delivery?
Old 2010-03-10, 02:23 PM
Regular User

Home inspector is best for 30 day inspection. For PDI, you may bring anyone to assist but home inspector is not normally recommended. If you consult with a home inspector, they would tell you the same. You can handle a PDI with the builder's rep.
Old 2010-03-10, 02:52 PM

Thanks so much kaydy...so the 30 day inspection is after my closing?
Old 2010-03-11, 08:19 AM
Regular User

i think home inspectors are best on the 1-year when the house has at least settled.
Old 2010-03-11, 12:17 PM
Regular User

Marcus 53,
That would be correct. After you move in, you need to complete a 30 day Tarion form which would be submitted to Tarion and copy forwarded to your builder's after service dept...

The home inspection for us costs around $350 and it was well worth it. The inspector was recommended by someone on this site and he was extremely helpful. Patient and informative on furnace, water tank, attic, exterior, etc.
I felt it was extremely helpful and I would not hesitate to use him again, possibly during the one year inspection....

For many that are hands on, perhaps this is not needed and some savings in the pocket but those that require advise, consultation, home inspectors offer a lot for the fee they receive !