Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-10-31, 10:07 PM
Regular User

Personally, I wouldn't want to buy an expensive single in an area surrounded by connected homes. The Larco singles are gorgeous, but at $500K plus, or $600K if we're talking about the model home, I'd want an area with more upward value movement. I can't see the semis gaining that much ground given they are already maxed out in the semi category.

Just my two cents.

I imagine the singles will be facing the park, which will be nice I'm sure but when will it go in? Who knows.
Old 2013-05-14, 03:01 PM

I just received word, that townhomes are being release for June 1st 2013.
Old 2013-05-14, 05:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilKirk View Post
Personally, I wouldn't want to buy an expensive single in an area surrounded by connected homes.
I agree with that. Closest I would go is where they are on separate streets in the same development.

While I wouldn't look at a purchase of a new/resale single on a town house street, I don't have any actual price history to conclude it affects value Is there a 'push down' pattern? Of course some single buyers would prefer that - more affordable for same house.

What I have seen / experienced is that the singles will 'pull' the semi / town prices up

Then there is Fraser Fields with small singles and semis co-located, and a few Tartan / Tamarach areas with semis/towns

Ol Grandpa always said "buy the cheapest house on a good street in a great 'hood"

Last edited by good2know; 2013-05-14 at 06:39 PM.
Old 2013-09-21, 02:47 PM
Regular User

The singles launched this weekend. Only 3 options, I find the layouts awkward...they are long and skinny.

http://www.cardelhomes.com/ottawa/fi...s-at-barrhaven

Old 2013-09-22, 08:48 AM
Regular User

I like them, similar in concept to the smaller homes at Mahogany. Is the garage attached to the Huxley?
Old 2013-09-22, 09:26 AM
Regular User

They have nice curb appeal with downstairs front facing windows but I do have a little giggle at the usage of UK place names by a lot of builders. These take it to a whole new level, in particular with 'Brixton'. Someone should've done their research!

Old 2013-09-23, 09:37 AM
Regular User

You do know Canada is part of the Commonwealth right? And we share the same Queen? HAHA! There are many things about Canada that are similar, as far as names go, when comparing the UK.

Old 2013-09-23, 10:34 AM
Regular User

I believe it's more to do with the history of the British Empire and the Americas. The US has a lot of place names the same as the UK but India does not. But I, and my Canadian OH found Brixton particularly amusing. Neither of us were aware there was a Brixton in Canada. Just hope it isn't the gun crime ghetto it is here.

Last edited by London2Ottawa; 2013-09-23 at 10:42 AM.
Old 2013-09-23, 02:07 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by London2Ottawa View Post
I believe it's more to do with the history of the British Empire and the Americas. The US has a lot of place names the same as the UK but India does not. But I, and my Canadian OH found Brixton particularly amusing. Neither of us were aware there was a Brixton in Canada. Just hope it isn't the gun crime ghetto it is here.
HAH! Well I guess it's not the best of places from the UK to use a name after. They do have a pretty popular clothing line though from Canada named Brixton.

Just a name either way.

Old 2014-02-12, 11:38 AM

Hi all!

We just signed for our Cardel courtyard townhouse in Longfields. Just wondering if there are any other future residents out there?