Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #941  
Old 2013-11-21, 03:51 PM
Harmony_ Harmony_ is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1
Default Snow blowing company

Hi, I just want to ask for a snow blowing company that you can recommend. It's our first winter out of the apartment. We're excited and nervous at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 2013-11-21, 04:04 PM
k&j k&j is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Barrhaven
Posts: 56
Default

If it's your first year and don't have a huge lane-way, try shoveling or get a small single stage thrower ($6-700 range). Nothing worse than coming home from work and blowing company is only "on their way"
Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 2013-11-21, 04:57 PM
good2know's Avatar
good2know good2know is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 5,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony_ View Post
Hi, I just want to ask for a snow blowing company that you can recommend. It's our first winter out of the apartment. We're excited and nervous at the same time.
we use Kodiak - have for years

another good one is adam kittle
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 2014-02-09, 08:57 PM
nessiesens nessiesens is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kanata, Ontario
Posts: 433
Default

Bumping this thread.....considering a purchase now in TrailWest, the last of the Valecraft builds.

Wondered if there were any others on here potentially moving in or have just moved in...share any other info about Valecraft? Positive/Negative....what are prices like for upgrades etc?
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 2014-02-11, 09:16 PM
sandwich sandwich is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessiesens View Post
Bumping this thread.....considering a purchase now in TrailWest, the last of the Valecraft builds.

Wondered if there were any others on here potentially moving in or have just moved in...share any other info about Valecraft? Positive/Negative....what are prices like for upgrades etc?
Don't have a Valecraft home, Monarch, but I could give you my opinion of the area having lived here for 3 years. You might be able to get upgrade prices with a more generic thread.
Reply With Quote
  #946  
Old 2014-02-12, 09:56 AM
nessiesens nessiesens is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kanata, Ontario
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
Don't have a Valecraft home, Monarch, but I could give you my opinion of the area having lived here for 3 years. You might be able to get upgrade prices with a more generic thread.
I was at the model homes and the head person was nice enough to go through some general updates that we of interest to me and showed me how I could spend the bonus.

I didn't want to have to keep creating new threads, not sure if many people on here would be going through Valecraft (seem more of a small group), I gather most are like yourself...Tartan, Monarch builds and have lived there quite some time.

How do you find the community though? The access to things? Traffic?
I'm supposed to be in the area just behind the Superstore/Hydro One corridor
Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 2014-02-25, 08:42 AM
nessiesens nessiesens is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kanata, Ontario
Posts: 433
Default

*Bumping*
Anyone else in this Trailwest (as SoHo is no longer allowed) community coming up?

Wondered if any of my potential new neighbours are on here, or has anyone had a DC centre appointment recently, how did it go?

I'm actually finding this process harder than my first time around (maybe it's not having my mom anymore to help), but I'm actually stuck with flooring and cabinet choices as my hard one....I've been trying to sneak peaks at other peoples homes to get ideas, though no one seems to have same colour furniture as me...lol
__________________
Mattamy: Fernwater End - Fairwinds North
Closed: Oct 14, 2010
Sold: Jan 27, 2014
---------------------------------------------------
Valecraft: Marseilles II End - Trailwest
June 12, 2014



覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Caivan: Series 1, Plan 2
June 4, 2020


Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 2014-02-27, 07:25 PM
sandwich sandwich is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessiesens View Post
*Bumping*
Anyone else in this Trailwest (as SoHo is no longer allowed) community coming up?

Wondered if any of my potential new neighbours are on here, or has anyone had a DC centre appointment recently, how did it go?

I'm actually finding this process harder than my first time around (maybe it's not having my mom anymore to help), but I'm actually stuck with flooring and cabinet choices as my hard one....I've been trying to sneak peaks at other peoples homes to get ideas, though no one seems to have same colour furniture as me...lol
I think you'll find most of us on here are with Monarch, not sure why, just happened that way. You might have better luck posting in another Valecraft community forum.
Reply With Quote
  #949  
Old 2014-04-14, 11:57 AM
sowester sowester is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 32
Default

As the warmer weather arrives more and more people are out walking with their children and spending time outside.

Having gone for a few walks with my kids, it's pretty disappointing that some dog-owners still don't get the message to pick up their mess. It's awesome when you push your stroller through dog mess. /sarcasm.

If you have a dog, clean up after your dog. It's bad enough that one of my neighbours had to call out a "crappy" owner by putting a sign up on the lawn.
Reply With Quote
  #950  
Old 2015-04-02, 02:05 PM
oreo0815 oreo0815 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2
Default Anyone lost a tabby breed cat?

I live in the blackstone/fernbank crossing neighborhood and we found a cat last night, around 2-4 years old and overweight. Please spread the word if you or someone else you know is looking for it. Please call at 613-862-6860.

Thanks!

Last edited by oreo0815; 2015-04-02 at 02:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another positive thread ballsout Ottawa 7 2008-07-26 09:58 PM
How about a fun thread....What do you... Shelby Chit Chat 13 2008-05-21 06:12 PM
Where did the Unofficial Nile B thread go?? snoope Burlington 3 2007-09-28 07:45 PM
By the way - Great Thread BriPam Ottawa 1 2007-06-15 05:49 PM
Upgrade Thread...Q & A Jennifer Lyn Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane 6 2006-06-21 03:10 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.