Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2013-11-21, 03:51 PM

Default Snow blowing company

Hi, I just want to ask for a snow blowing company that you can recommend. It's our first winter out of the apartment. We're excited and nervous at the same time.
Old 2013-11-21, 04:04 PM
Regular User

If it's your first year and don't have a huge lane-way, try shoveling or get a small single stage thrower ($6-700 range). Nothing worse than coming home from work and blowing company is only "on their way"
Old 2013-11-21, 04:57 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony_ View Post
Hi, I just want to ask for a snow blowing company that you can recommend. It's our first winter out of the apartment. We're excited and nervous at the same time.
we use Kodiak - have for years

another good one is adam kittle
Old 2014-02-09, 08:57 PM
Regular User

Bumping this thread.....considering a purchase now in TrailWest, the last of the Valecraft builds.

Wondered if there were any others on here potentially moving in or have just moved in...share any other info about Valecraft? Positive/Negative....what are prices like for upgrades etc?
Old 2014-02-11, 09:16 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessiesens View Post
Bumping this thread.....considering a purchase now in TrailWest, the last of the Valecraft builds.

Wondered if there were any others on here potentially moving in or have just moved in...share any other info about Valecraft? Positive/Negative....what are prices like for upgrades etc?
Don't have a Valecraft home, Monarch, but I could give you my opinion of the area having lived here for 3 years. You might be able to get upgrade prices with a more generic thread.
Old 2014-02-12, 09:56 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
Don't have a Valecraft home, Monarch, but I could give you my opinion of the area having lived here for 3 years. You might be able to get upgrade prices with a more generic thread.
I was at the model homes and the head person was nice enough to go through some general updates that we of interest to me and showed me how I could spend the bonus.

I didn't want to have to keep creating new threads, not sure if many people on here would be going through Valecraft (seem more of a small group), I gather most are like yourself...Tartan, Monarch builds and have lived there quite some time.

How do you find the community though? The access to things? Traffic?
I'm supposed to be in the area just behind the Superstore/Hydro One corridor
Old 2014-02-25, 08:42 AM
Regular User

*Bumping*
Anyone else in this Trailwest (as SoHo is no longer allowed) community coming up?

Wondered if any of my potential new neighbours are on here, or has anyone had a DC centre appointment recently, how did it go?

I'm actually finding this process harder than my first time around (maybe it's not having my mom anymore to help), but I'm actually stuck with flooring and cabinet choices as my hard one....I've been trying to sneak peaks at other peoples homes to get ideas, though no one seems to have same colour furniture as me...lol
---------------------------------------------------
Valecraft: Marseilles II End - Trailwest
June 12, 2014

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Caivan: Series 1, Plan 2
June 4, 2020

Old 2014-02-27, 07:25 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessiesens View Post
*Bumping*
Anyone else in this Trailwest (as SoHo is no longer allowed) community coming up?

Wondered if any of my potential new neighbours are on here, or has anyone had a DC centre appointment recently, how did it go?

I'm actually finding this process harder than my first time around (maybe it's not having my mom anymore to help), but I'm actually stuck with flooring and cabinet choices as my hard one....I've been trying to sneak peaks at other peoples homes to get ideas, though no one seems to have same colour furniture as me...lol
I think you'll find most of us on here are with Monarch, not sure why, just happened that way. You might have better luck posting in another Valecraft community forum.
Old 2014-04-14, 11:57 AM
Regular User

As the warmer weather arrives more and more people are out walking with their children and spending time outside.

Having gone for a few walks with my kids, it's pretty disappointing that some dog-owners still don't get the message to pick up their mess. It's awesome when you push your stroller through dog mess. /sarcasm.

If you have a dog, clean up after your dog. It's bad enough that one of my neighbours had to call out a "crappy" owner by putting a sign up on the lawn.
Old 2015-04-02, 02:05 PM

Default Anyone lost a tabby breed cat?

I live in the blackstone/fernbank crossing neighborhood and we found a cat last night, around 2-4 years old and overweight. Please spread the word if you or someone else you know is looking for it. Please call at 613-862-6860.

Thanks!

Last edited by oreo0815; 2015-04-02 at 02:19 PM.