Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-02-27, 10:08 PM
Regular User

Not going to lie, we felt kinda rushed when we did the electrical options. Everything else went fine and the people took their time at the DC and for our structural. Kitchencraft were ok, a little slow in getting back to us for certain things.
Old 2018-03-21, 09:38 AM
Regular User

Hello everyone I was hoping to get some thoughts on this.

I have a mid-unit townhouse with Urbandale where the basement is finished with rough-ins for a 3 piece bathroom. Urbandale estimated $7000 to finish the bathroom. While it might probably cost cheaper to do later, assuming the rough-in is correct, knowing myself and family, it will likely not happen, and I would probably leave it as a rough-in until I move.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts of completing the bathroom in terms of re-sale value, considering you don't see many mid-unit townhouse with 3 bedrooms, and 3.5 bathrooms.

Thanks for any input.
Old 2018-03-21, 09:56 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgyh1 View Post

I have a mid-unit townhouse with Urbandale where the basement is finished with rough-ins for a 3 piece bathroom. Urbandale estimated $7000 to finish the bathroom. While it might probably cost cheaper to do later, assuming the rough-in is correct, knowing myself and family, it will likely not happen, and I would probably leave it as a rough-in until I move.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts of completing the bathroom in terms of re-sale value, considering you don't see many mid-unit townhouse with 3 bedrooms, and 3.5 bathrooms.

Thanks for any input.
We did ours with the builder (a different builder though) because we are not very handy & our experience in our previous house taught us that it is cheaper to do with the builder & covered by the warranty. But if you can do some of the stuff yourself then it will be worth exploring for doing later on your own.
Old 2018-03-22, 07:59 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgyh1 View Post

Thanks for any input.
The key is the rough-in placement and having owned a few Urbandale homes both towns and singles the rough-in was never in the ideal spot