Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-11-13, 04:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrylx View Post
Some people don't want yard/lawn maintenance but having a place to park multiple cars so lane ways aren't widened in turn making the curb appeal ugly is something that will appeal to some people, but not others.
The main problem I have seen with designs like this is that some people end up using the front yard as they normally would the rear. Kids swing sets, lawn chairs, etc... can end up cluttering front yards and reducing the curb appeal. That said, you do get to know your neighbors a bit better because you tend to hang out in the front where fences don't separate you. I guess that could be good or bad, depending on the neighbors.
Old 2018-11-24, 01:48 AM

Caivan is releasing additional single lots. Does anyone know if they are increasing the prices?

Also, did anyone receive upgrade finish costs?
Old 2019-01-23, 09:42 AM

I would also really be interested in upgrade costs if anyone has obtained any yet. We're hoping to get into this community in a few months
Old 2019-01-23, 11:06 AM
Regular User

Caivan's design center is located off of Baseline Road and is open to the public every Wednesday. I went in with my wife and had a look around (we purchased a home in the community), you don't need to have bought a house to go in though. The staff was very friendly.
Old 2019-01-23, 12:20 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrhavenSam View Post
Caivan is releasing additional single lots. Does anyone know if they are increasing the prices?

Also, did anyone receive upgrade finish costs?
From what I can tell on the website, they did increase prices but not by that much. (Looked at a few models, the base price seemed to have gone up by $5k since opening day but the "incentive discount" also went down by about ~$7.5k so a total increase of approx. $12.5k? But they were advertising larger discounts on opening weekend for their first ever release in Barrhaven so it may be unfair to compare that.)

I don't think anyone will have detailed upgrade costs yet for Barrhaven (apart from the upgrades you pick out initially when you purchase the house--these price lists should be available to anyone if you ask for it at the sales center). We bought on the opening day and when I asked about our design centre appointment, they said we probably shouldn't expect it until April or so.

If you can find someone who bought in Orleans or Richmond they probably got upgrade prices already, but there's no guarantee Barrhaven will be the same (last time I spoke to them in December, they hadn't even decided on which company they were going with for the kitchens yet, so they definitely wouldn't have prices available for that).

I'd be happy to share info once I get them in a few months though.

Last edited by jk9088; 2019-01-23 at 12:23 PM.
Old 2019-03-26, 02:40 PM
Regular User

Just a quick update, we received an e-mail asking us to book our design center appointments with the design center team.
Old 2019-03-29, 10:41 AM

That’s great. We purchased in the the Conservancy with a closing in June 2020, we’re not expecting our design centre appointment until September 2019.

Do they have price list of upgrades yet?
Old 2019-03-29, 12:21 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrhavenSam View Post
That’s great. We purchased in the the Conservancy with a closing in June 2020, we’re not expecting our design centre appointment until September 2019.

Do they have price list of upgrades yet?
They don't have anything that you can take with you but the design center is actually open to the public once a week or something and you can go in and talk to them ahead of time about finishes and pricing.

We close May 2020.
Old 2019-03-29, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa613 View Post
They don't have anything that you can take with you but the design center is actually open to the public once a week or something and you can go in and talk to them ahead of time about finishes and pricing.

We close May 2020.
Yes, they’re open Wednesday afternoons to the public. The design team is very helpful and can answer a lot of questions. When we went in late 2018, they were able to provide ballpark cost estimates for upgrades but nothing concrete.

I think at some point Caivan will have a standard price list similar to other builders. We’re used to working off of a list and have found it helpful with our previous builds with Minto.
Old 2019-05-01, 01:08 PM
Regular User

New Article About the Conservancy