Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-01-17, 08:14 PM
Regular User

what make and model is your water heater?
The buyout is typically close to the purchase price.

1700$ vs 4000$ is a big difference, are you actually comparing identical model tanks?
Old 2019-01-17, 11:17 PM
Regular User

Hahahahahahaha... Buy out is no where near purchase price. My water heater is 1700 new and to buy it out its over 6000. Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 2019-01-18, 05:15 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsh View Post
Well, Enbridge did't need any kind of proof to charge you, so yes call them and they ask them to dispute /remove the charges from you're account.

And once you reach a settlement with the company they can add that amount to the buyout price
Keep in mind that you don't technically have an agreement with them so act accordingly. i.e. don't pay them one cent for anything outside of any agreement you may enter into as there is no contract. This is what prompted me to remove their unit and purchase one myself. I din't want them to say that we were using their equipment and as such were required to pay them a fee which also opens another can of worms. Seeing as how you do not technically have an agreement with them you are not required to pay any fees. You*could* in theory keep using the unit for free until the matter is resolved but most courts would interpret that as you using their stuff and expecting to get away with not paying anything. This would not look good on you and this is what I was going through so I had it removed and called to let them know.

Last edited by pabloottawa; 2019-01-18 at 05:43 AM.