Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-04-27, 05:37 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_JenMc View Post
OVK told us the same thing and we decided to move our DW next to the sink anyway. Not sure what they were talking about because you can indeed reach the cupboard above it. Its where we put all our plates. The cupboard next to that is a bit tight but i have difficulty reaching it even if the dishwasher is not open!

As for the extra 6" into the eating area, we dont even notice that...then again the eating area in our last place was so small that anything bigger was an upgrade!!
As for the dishwasher, I meant that the upper left cupboards would be hard to reach. But reality is, I don't put anything crucial in there anyways
Old 2012-04-29, 09:59 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrrl View Post
Yea - I had to widen my pantry space especially because my microwave needed 3" clearance on the sides. It shifted everything down, and that cabinet between the range and stove is now 18" wide. That is where our pots & pans were supposed to go, but since it got shrunk down, I put the p&p drawer below the pantry
I didn't get a quote for moving the dishwasher as I only noticed its bizarre location at the framewalk maybe Jen has a quote??
You're in luck! We just painted the office and our book was on the top of a pile of crap to go downstairs!!

To move the DW and extend it 6" into the eating area it was $500.

There is a beckwith for sale in JT on MLS. They moved their microwave to the breakfast bar...they had a cabinet built that extended beneath the cupboard. It looks quite nice - i wish we had done that too....

Here is a link to the pictures:
http://www.527bryce.com/photos
Old 2012-04-29, 10:04 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrrl View Post
As for the dishwasher, I meant that the upper left cupboards would be hard to reach. But reality is, I don't put anything crucial in there anyways
Yes, me neither...its the "oh no there is company coming i need to clean up quickly and put all this stuff somewhere" cupboard! LOL...
Old 2012-05-09, 09:05 PM
Regular User

Hey guys Been a while!!

That beautiful Beckwith - am I imagining things, or is the kitchen very, VERY similar to the Royal Edward model's? Looks great.

Going to go back over this thread to try to catch up - see what you all have been up to!