Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2016-12-23, 05:00 AM
Regular User

hey neighbors, Apparently a few months of the forum was lost...its been a few years for some of us and i just wanted to get a feel for what people were thinking about the neighborhood, what they like, complaints etc. btw does anyone know what happened to Country Wide and Aspen ridge, will they no longer have a phase 3? or is phase 3 far away and they are just going to make a new model home?
Old 2017-05-11, 12:17 PM
Regular User

Country Wide is coming with a new release or phase 3 on may 13th 11AM, no VIP, first come first serve policy.

Prices start at 2.2m for 50 wide lot ~3000sqft homes
Old 2017-08-25, 11:09 PM

Any updates on Aspen and Country wide's current phase which is currently under construction?
Old 2017-10-16, 10:04 AM
Regular User

Kleinburg Hills Phase 4 from CW opened this past weekend. It was surprising to see the amount of traffic in the area during the opening considering that prices start at 1.9M for 50" wide lot and 3000 sqft.

http://countrywidehomes.ca/community/kleinburg-hills/

Last edited by askimo; 2017-10-17 at 01:25 PM.
Old 2017-10-16, 05:04 PM
Regular User

Roasted corn and pumpkin pie was a great touch but I also noticed some foot traffic at the opening. Lots of cars parked on the street, but wouldn't this be considered a pretty good price given the fact that 38" starts at $1.4 at the lowest price from other builders in the area.

If it was released starting at $2.2 million in phase 3 and now $1.9 million in phase 4 then that's quite a drop to start motivating people again.

Old 2018-02-07, 07:04 PM

Hi all, I'm with Aspen Ridge and I was wondering if anybody in this neighbourhood decided to get rid of their water heater (via enercare) and just bought your own. If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2018-02-07, 07:21 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by volley4w View Post
Hi all, I'm with Aspen Ridge and I was wondering if anybody in this neighbourhood decided to get rid of their water heater (via enercare) and just bought your own. If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Volley, while my experience is not what you may be seeking, it may still be helpful.

I am an Aspen Ridge customer in Nobleton, and I had a tank less unit on rental from Reliance Home Comfort. Since i had never explicitly signed a contract with Reliance for my tank less unit, i was not obligated to any contractual terms.

I remember to get the account closed successfully, there was a $70 processing fee, and I had to get the unit dismounted from the wall and I had to return it to the Reliance facility in Richmond Hill. Upon receipt, my account was closed successfully. There were also more expensive options to have Reliance remove the unit themselves from my home, but I opted for the cheapest option available.

Regarding my hot water heater, I had purchased it and installed it the day before the gas fitter was coming by to connect the water heater to the natural gas line. This same individual disconnected the tank less unit for me.

So I was without hot water for one night just because of how I timed the disconnection of the plumbing and having the gas connected. I am sure if you get the right technician, they can do all the work for you in one shot, and minimize your downtime without hot water.

I hope this helped you.
Old 2018-02-08, 04:19 PM

Thanks Jean Luc Picard.

And, when you called Reliance to cancel your "contract" they didn't give you some crazy fight and excuse that you technically "signed a contract" through the Purchase and Sale Agreement, and that you need to carry through the contract?

And, I agree with your statement that there was no contract signed nor did you agree on the terms of the contract - i.e. type of tankless water heater, etc.

I did call Enercare and they gave me grief and told me about the buyout price. I have been reading forums online to be bold and tell them to F-off, but wanted to reach out to our Kleinburg-area community, especially new home buyers.
Old 2018-02-09, 12:59 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by volley4w View Post
Thanks Jean Luc Picard.

And, when you called Reliance to cancel your "contract" they didn't give you some crazy fight and excuse that you technically "signed a contract" through the Purchase and Sale Agreement, and that you need to carry through the contract?

And, I agree with your statement that there was no contract signed nor did you agree on the terms of the contract - i.e. type of tankless water heater, etc.

I did call Enercare and they gave me grief and told me about the buyout price. I have been reading forums online to be bold and tell them to F-off, but wanted to reach out to our Kleinburg-area community, especially new home buyers.
No, in my case there was no hassle at all. It was actually a very pleasant conversation if I recall. My biggest gripe with my tankless water heater was the location the builder put it in my home, and when speaking to Reliance they offered to move the unit for me, but by then I had already purchased my tank.

They had acknowledged that I was not on any contractual term, and I would definitely ask Enercare to produce the signed contract in your case. Be strong and keep pushing back. But if I remember correctly I had to call all the utilities, including Reliance to get the accounts switched into my name. And even at that point, I don't think I signed anything.
Old 2018-08-14, 06:28 PM
Regular User

Hi,

I'm a Realtor with RE/MAX West Realty and have been following along on various forums and have noticed there always tends to be a lot of discussion on recent sales and property values. Feel free to shoot me over any questions you may have on the real estate market and I would be more then happy to answer them. I have a depth of experience in finance, construction and real estate and know the area very well.

Thanks,

John Frank Marinucci, CFA, MFin
416-427-9206