Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 2013-03-28, 11:10 AM
Almost_Home Almost_Home is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonMacpherson View Post
There is a small one in aquaview park or whatever the name is behind Avalon Public School.
That's the closest one I can find online but I was told there was one closer. Hmmm, I will have to ask at playgroup again, maybe I heard wrong. I know the plan was to have one built at the park in Phase 2 of Summerside but I have no idea when that will be done.
__________________
Patiently Awaiting Our Next Adventure



Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2013-03-28, 11:22 AM
AvalonMacpherson AvalonMacpherson is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ottawa
Posts: 137
Default

The new vista park will have one too.

http://ottawa.ca/en/vista-park
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2013-03-28, 11:28 AM
Almost_Home Almost_Home is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonMacpherson View Post
The new vista park will have one too.

http://ottawa.ca/en/vista-park
Awesome! Thank you.
__________________
Patiently Awaiting Our Next Adventure



Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2013-03-28, 02:11 PM
SophieP SophieP is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa (Orleans), ON
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonMacpherson View Post
The new vista park will have one too.

http://ottawa.ca/en/vista-park
That will be great - thanks for the info!!
__________________
Builder: Minto
Community: Avalon
Model: Gainsborough (Elevation C)
Moved in: August 21st, 2013
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2013-04-02, 09:06 PM
Unscathed's Avatar
Unscathed Unscathed is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa (Orleans) Ontario
Posts: 232
Default

Hello everyone!

We just purchased lot 109 on Nestleton today after months of waiting for this phase! Originally we wanted the corner lot with triple garage but we didn't win the lottery for the lot. As they say, things happen for a reason. Lot 109 was our backup as there are no utilities/hydrants/electrical boxes and no easement at the back. We are closing Jan 20th and couldn't be happier!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2013-04-02, 09:37 PM
SophieP SophieP is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa (Orleans), ON
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unscathed View Post
Hello everyone!

We just purchased lot 109 on Nestleton today after months of waiting for this phase! Originally we wanted the corner lot with triple garage but we didn't win the lottery for the lot. As they say, things happen for a reason. Lot 109 was our backup as there are no utilities/hydrants/electrical boxes and no easement at the back. We are closing Jan 20th and couldn't be happier!
Congratulations and welcome to the neighbourhood Unscathed!! What model did you choose?
__________________
Builder: Minto
Community: Avalon
Model: Gainsborough (Elevation C)
Moved in: August 21st, 2013
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2013-04-03, 06:31 PM
Unscathed's Avatar
Unscathed Unscathed is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa (Orleans) Ontario
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieP View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the neighbourhood Unscathed!! What model did you choose?
Hi SophieP!

Thanks! We chose the Riverbend model with elevation C. I've loved the floorplan for many years now and finally took the plunge!

I can tell you that the Gainsborough was a close second for us Love the look of the C elevation on that house. Great choice! I've always loved that home (ever since it was called the Riviera way back when)...

I noticed that your shingles were being installed the other day when passing by. Would love to see some pics since this is a progress thread after all! All I have to look at is a heap of dirt on my lot. Just saying
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2013-04-03, 09:35 PM
Riverbend C Riverbend C is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orleans
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unscathed View Post
Hi SophieP!

Thanks! We chose the Riverbend model with elevation C. I've loved the floorplan for many years now and finally took the plunge!

I can tell you that the Gainsborough was a close second for us Love the look of the C elevation on that house. Great choice! I've always loved that home (ever since it was called the Riviera way back when)...

I noticed that your shingles were being installed the other day when passing by. Would love to see some pics since this is a progress thread after all! All I have to look at is a heap of dirt on my lot. Just saying
Congrats on your choice, if you ever need anything don't hesitate to pm me, will be glad to help.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2013-04-03, 10:29 PM
SophieP SophieP is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ottawa (Orleans), ON
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unscathed View Post
Hi SophieP!

Thanks! We chose the Riverbend model with elevation C. I've loved the floorplan for many years now and finally took the plunge!

I can tell you that the Gainsborough was a close second for us Love the look of the C elevation on that house. Great choice! I've always loved that home (ever since it was called the Riviera way back when)...

I noticed that your shingles were being installed the other day when passing by. Would love to see some pics since this is a progress thread after all! All I have to look at is a heap of dirt on my lot. Just saying
Hi Unscathed - the Riverbend C is gorgeous - can't wait to see it go up!! When is your first appointment at the Design Centre?

Yes, our shingles are partially up - hooray! Can't wait to see the stone/brick package come together since I haven't seen any Gainsborough with the one we chose. We drive by every couple of days since we're close by and it's been fun seeing it go up. Here are a couple of pics (don't have that many since we mainly do quick videos on weekends).

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foundation1.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	10617   Click image for larger version

Name:	firstfloor.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	10618   Click image for larger version

Name:	secondfloor.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	10619  
__________________
Builder: Minto
Community: Avalon
Model: Gainsborough (Elevation C)
Moved in: August 21st, 2013
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2013-04-03, 11:17 PM
Unscathed's Avatar
Unscathed Unscathed is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa (Orleans) Ontario
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieP View Post
Hi Unscathed - the Riverbend C is gorgeous - can't wait to see it go up!! When is your first appointment at the Design Centre?

Yes, our shingles are partially up - hooray! Can't wait to see the stone/brick package come together since I haven't seen any Gainsborough with the one we chose. We drive by every couple of days since we're close by and it's been fun seeing it go up. Here are a couple of pics (don't have that many since we mainly do quick videos on weekends).

Cheers!
Hi SophieP,

First design centre appointment is Tuesday! Can't wait. Already have a pretty good idea what we will be doing as part of the structural upgrades (retreat in master, open staircase to basement, higher ceilings in basement, cathedral ceiling in master, etc...)

We chose the same exterior colors as the Riverbend C on Caracole pie shape just around your place...
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Single Family Home / Avalon-Orleans Revelstoke Ottawa Area Houses For Sale 1 2011-07-16 01:12 PM
Orleans (AVALON) - Rogers has the monopoly? Paju Ottawa 18 2011-01-26 06:34 PM
MINTO - Avalon (Orleans) bubba_chubs123 Ottawa 10 2009-09-10 01:12 PM
Minto-Avalon Darion Ottawa 3 2008-09-17 04:16 PM
How is Minto in Avalon? (many Q's!) D_M_G Ottawa 3 2008-01-11 09:23 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.