Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2013-08-15, 01:56 PM
Regular User

Default Northglen Clarington - Highcastle Homes

Was wondering if anyone out there has purchased a home in Northglen in Bowmanville? My husband and I purchased one in April 2012 and we are pushed again until March 2014
Old 2013-09-27, 08:45 PM
Regular User

Hi there! My husband and I purchased a northglen home march 2012. We have been pushed back to march 2014 as well.
Old 2013-09-29, 09:11 PM
Regular User

Hi!!! So nice to have a reply finally!! I read about other people's progress on other threads as there wasn't anyone to converse with about my own site. LOL I am so anxious to be able to get into our house, it feels like forever! I went by the site yesterday and it looks like they have all the curbs in What lot are you on and what model did you buy?
Old 2013-09-29, 10:36 PM
Regular User

I know what yo mean. We can't wait to move in either! We were delayed twice. What a coincidence we stopped by the site yesterday too. We are lot 31, the ashby elevation B. what about you?
Old 2013-09-30, 09:27 AM
Regular User

We are the Thornbury elevation A, lot 42. My husband was saying that its not looking hopeful for a March closing date. He works in the construction trade. I hope he's wrong.

I noticed that there really aren't enough workers on site. They even have help wanted ads inside the sales center. Probably not a good sign!
Old 2013-09-30, 06:08 PM
Regular User

oh we were originally on lot 44 but we ended changing it to 31. I hope he's wrong about that too. im really anxious to move in. when in march is your closing date??
Old 2013-09-30, 09:09 PM
Regular User

too bad u didn't keep lot 44. They are making the houses on the other side of the street detached now as there will be a premium on them because of the pond view out back.

Our closing date is March 31. I called and spoke to the head office today, looks like it will probably be pushed back again. They are facing numerous delays by the municipality she told me
Old 2013-10-01, 07:38 PM
Regular User

If i knew that back then maybe i would have kept that lot. My closing date is march 28. oh no, that's really not what i want to hear. how often do you visit the site? we normally make a trip out there once a month
Old 2013-10-03, 09:46 AM
Regular User

I know! They only told me that about a month ago. It will be worth more there then if there were towns.

I only live about 5 minutes away so I drive by once a week. Sometimes we even trudge through the dirt to our lot

Where do you live now?

Did you purchase many upgrades? I couldn't believe that I had to pay for a shower door! Ha ha Some of the upgrades I couldn't believe. I would have thought indoor garage access would be included, but apparently not.
Old 2013-10-03, 06:13 PM
Regular User

The most we've ever done was take pictures of the progress every month. The site is monitored now, i'd be afraid i'd get caught walking through the dirt in my lot. the lady at the site told us that there was someone taking pictures one night and he got stopped by the cops.

I live in scarborough now. we went around to other sites before purchasing with highcastle, but everywhere else had only a few lots they wanted to sell off and the prices were a bit more.

We did a few upgrades. we did pot lights in the family room and kitchen, we added the pantry, and taller cabinets, larger windows in the basement, oak stairs and the shower door!!! we upgraded for the glass around instead of just the glass door. We did the indoor garage access too....Nothing is included!!! Did you end up doing many upgrades????