Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2016-02-05, 03:56 PM

I really don't like the way. This builder is very good by brand name but the way they are selling the house is not fair. I believe they should open decent number of houses so then everybody have a equal chance to buy.
65% people buy because they want to sell this house right after closing or before closing. I really don't like this method.
Old 2016-03-03, 08:56 PM
Regular User

So, 'In Person' registration for the Saturday release (Townhomes only) was closed in 3.5 hours! I received an email at 1.03 PM stating 'In Person' registration (govt issued photo ID required) will start at 1:00 PM today and at 4:28 PM another email saying 'registration closed'.
Old 2016-03-04, 07:29 PM

Yup! I refuse to buy from Mattamy again. We bought from Another Durham builder who launched last weekend. Their homes are better, better quality high end finishes that are standard. Mattamy homes are strictly Bare bones and you will likely spend $75k or more to make your dream home. The other builder had such things as hardwood standard, 9" ceiling on main and second floor standard, smooth ceilings on both floors standard, granite standard, the list goes on. Mattamy is robbing ppl for their money. Food for thought.
Old 2016-03-04, 07:53 PM
Regular User

Makes sense. I would like to congratulate matamy for having exceptionally bright brains who can come up with weird 'In person' registration on weekday afternoon! I hope with the release of 'New Seaton' this spring, their so called bright brains won't have to stretch brains cells so hard to come up with another such idea.
Old 2018-04-04, 08:46 PM
Regular User

https://www.thestar.com/business/201...cial-ruin.html