Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2014-08-03, 02:41 PM
Regular User

Any thing you install on your own has no builder warranty but whatever comes from manufacturer is in place

The risk is if there is a warrantable item under something you have done - say a subfloor problem under owner installed hardwood. They will fix that but have no obligation to remove or replace the hardwood.
Old 2014-08-15, 08:29 AM
Regular User

Just a little update... We were recently talking with the Avalon sales rep, and he shared with us that they will be offering the same floorplans in Avalon Encore as they have in Enclave. He also mentioned that the plan is to build some of these new models in that new section of Avalon (west of tenth line, south of Brian Coburn.) Apparently, there is a possibility of these models being complete by mid next year. Not too sure of what models they will build but I am encouraged by the possibility of seeing a glimpse of what the Enclave homes will look like before ours is complete!
Old 2014-08-16, 08:44 PM
Regular User

That would be super amazing to physically see our homes before it is finally built next year.

I'm excited but keep telling myself that it's still 15 months away! I'm hoping the time goes by quickly...
Old 2014-08-27, 08:53 PM
Regular User

Hi neighbours. We also bought a Stanley and are on lot 51. Glad to see this thread started. It will be nice to chat with folks as we go through the process.
Old 2014-08-28, 08:57 AM
Regular User

Hi LVP -- We are lot 61..so not too far down from you!
Old 2014-08-28, 12:19 PM
Regular User

Has anyone been told when the sales office will be getting the brick packages? About a month ago we were told that they have been approved and will be ready in the next week or so. But that never happened.

Also, you might want to know that in addition to the Avalon Encore model homes that will be built next year, Minto will also be building new model homes in Kanata (Arcadia). I called and spoke to a sales rep and she said that they are hoping to have them built by spring 2015. She didnít know what models were chosen, but she did mention that they should know relatively soon.
Old 2014-08-28, 12:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawaluv View Post
Has anyone been told when the sales office will be getting the brick packages? About a month ago we were told that they have been approved and will be ready in the next week or so. But that never happened.

Also, you might want to know that in addition to the Avalon Encore model homes that will be built next year, Minto will also be building new model homes in Kanata (Arcadia). I called and spoke to a sales rep and she said that they are hoping to have them built by spring 2015. She didnít know what models were chosen, but she did mention that they should know relatively soon.
We spoke with the Enclave sales rep on Saturday, and apparently they could be receiving brick packages any day now... Not too helpful but I suppose it is better than saying it won't be for a few months!

Great news about the models in Arcadia. The Avalon Sales Rep also mentioned this and said that the models that would be selected are those that were most popular in terms of sales... Fingers crossed that a Stanley will be built somewhere!
Old 2014-09-03, 11:46 AM
Regular User

Hi LVP,

I'm lot 54! We're close neighbours! LOL

I still haven't heard anything regarding exterior packages. The only thing I received was an email asking for my lawyer contact and pre-approved mortgage letter!

I did go to the design centre and got a quote for hardwood floor throughout the house (only had the main floor in the upgrade price sheet). Expensive!!!!
Old 2014-09-03, 01:07 PM
Regular User

It's great news about the showhomes. Hopefully a Fitzroy will be going up (lot 86 here). It would make choosing flooring, cabinets, etc.. easier. In this day and age, I was extremely surprised to find out that they don't have a 3d virtual tour for models without a showhome. It's off the shelf software that you can pick up for under 100$.
Old 2014-09-04, 01:43 PM
Regular User

So... I just spoke with a sales rep in Arcadia and she listed the model homes that will be built in the next year or so. Models are: The Hyde, Talbot, Fitzroy and Killarney.

They will not be building any 43 foot lot model homes in Arcadia. I agree with SandmanLG, they should have virtual walkthroughs for their homes, especially since these are all new models.