Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region

Old 2015-03-16, 02:16 PM
Regular User

Default Honeysuckle Corner!

Hello folks, Butterbeer here -

My wife and I just put a deposit down on a Mattamy Honeysuckle Corner in the Preserve a few weeks ago. We liked the layout and we trust Mattamy so we decided to take the plunge.

We've never bought a new construction so we don't really know what to expect and it's a bit tough to picture what this home is going to look like when we move in. So far we've resorted to keeping an eye out for other Mattamy homes which go up for sale on MLS.ca and then pulling up the plan for that house and then comparing the plan for our house with the plan for the house listed on MLS and the corresponding pictures, but...as you can imagine, its not really working out.

So! Here's what I'd like to request -

1. If you've got a Honeysuckle Corner and wouldn't mind posting some pics here OR emailing me directly - that would be fabulous!

2. Perhaps I could come by your place with my wife and we could have a quick look (we'll come armed with a nice bottle of red or white wine for your troubles)

3. Any other suggestions you may have for me to satisfy my curiousity

Feel free to direct message me or post here and we can set something up!

~Butterbeer

Last edited by Butterbeer; 2015-03-16 at 02:19 PM.
Old 2015-12-17, 12:16 AM

Default congrats!

Hi there, first off I have to say I do not own a honey corner, sorry

But my family also just purchased a single family home in Waterdown cranberry hill. Originally we chose the wintergreen (same as snowberry in oakville) but then switched to another which did not have a model home.

I understand your frustration, I did the exact same and I recently got lucky, found one in the same neighborhood.

I did begin to use a architectural program to build the house walls and get a feel for the space, and it was alright but with your design there would be too many walls since its a corner.

Another option is to pay someone to produce sketches.

Or What I did is I checked room dimensions of the model homes at the preserve, and then compared the video tours of the models (google mattamy vimeo) to similar sized rooms in your house.

May I ask what elevation?

for example your den is half foot less in width compared to waterleaf model den, but it is 2 ft longer so that can give you a mental picture.
Old 2015-12-17, 10:49 AM
Regular User

As it turned out, over the summer there was a home for sale in the preserve which was the same model (Honeysuckle Corner) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfqXC1k86XQ

We went to the open house, all questions answered (granted we did a few more upgrades than this owner did).