Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2006-09-21, 01:07 PM
Regular User

Default HI

The sales lady said it will take around 45 min to pick the exterior. We were done in 10 min as there were only 3 choices for us.
Old 2006-09-21, 03:33 PM
KBMF

Buffy: I bought on the 19th, the fernhaven and I am on Tramontana. My cheque has gone through as well! Happy that it did, not so happy about the remaining balance

I have my appointment for the bricks saturday. But they said that depending on the model home or elevation some people may only have the choice from 3 bricks (despite when they purchased..first or last, doesnt matter). I am not sure if this applies to our model. I hope not!
Old 2006-09-22, 08:13 AM
Regular User

I'm still waiting for my call! When we bought the sales agent told us that we were the only ones that had picked the Ferncliffe Elevation B. Hopefully that will mean that we will have a lot of choices when it comes to the brick colour because my hubby will not be happy with shades of red or pink brick. We are really hoping for shades of beige. I know it's crazy to be this anxious and we are still 341 days from closing (that's right I have a counter on my computer), but I just want to do something. I already know 3 people on my block, talk about lucky!! I can't wait until we are all invited to some of the Mattamy events. This forum is a great way to get to know some of my other neighbours!

Old 2006-09-22, 09:42 AM
KBMF

Im with you on this. Im hoping I will get a beige brick instead of shades of pink and red. Parents home was pink, beautiful, but I want something different :P
Old 2006-09-22, 11:53 AM
Regular User

We got to pick our exterior colors out of 3 palettes. All the bricks were shades of red. So ... if you see a red house a yr from now, that's us!

If you come across people who've bought at Fairwinds during your next visit to the sales center, tell them about this forum. Let's grow this puppy
Old 2006-09-22, 12:57 PM
Regular User

Any news on the opening of the design centre? Can't wait

Anyone else on Rosehill Avenue? We are on the west side...just after Helm Circle.
Old 2006-09-22, 01:17 PM
KBMF

Hey Buffy,

I would suggest calling mattamy. Apparently they called us yesterday and I had missed the call so it was good that I had called them. The good news is that they will not schedule anyone ahead of you that purchased after you or anyone that could limit your brick choices.

Yuppy: Were you one of the last to buy on your street? are you on helm? I

I havent heard anything else about the design centre but I will ask on saturday.
Old 2006-09-22, 02:20 PM
Regular User

Talking

Hey Ena,

We are on Rosehill Ave. (Lot 90). I also know who is at 93, 91 and 89.

Thanks KBMF,
I will give Mattamy a call and see what's going on. I'm too anxious to sit and wait for the call.

Old 2006-09-22, 02:34 PM
Regular User

Hi Buffy,

we are lot 45, right across from 93, so almost neighbours
Old 2006-09-22, 05:50 PM

Hi Ena,

My husband and I bought a house on lot 43, so we're almost neighbours. It's a Berrywood elevation A.

See you next July!