Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2006-09-22, 07:34 PM
Regular User

Ena

We also bought the Berrywood A lot 91. We bought Aug 21st and our closing date is Aug 21st 2007. We are still waiting for our call...
Old 2006-09-22, 07:36 PM
Regular User

I guess my reply should have been directed at Val. Sorry for the mix up, but I am sure we all want to know each other anyways...
Old 2006-09-22, 08:54 PM
Regular User

Hello jl9004! Greetings from lot 90!

Old 2006-09-22, 10:02 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMF
Yuppy: Were you one of the last to buy on your street? are you on helm? I havent heard anything else about the design centre but I will ask on saturday.
Hey KBMF,

yeah i think we were pretty much the last people to buy that openning weekend. We're not on the Helm Circle, but we're close.

Sorry if i'm being a bit misterious
Old 2006-09-22, 10:31 PM
KBMF

Hey yuppy, no worries. Mystery is always good! Keeps things interesting
Old 2006-09-23, 03:45 PM
KBMF

Picked our bricks We had eight choices basically all reds, couple orangey bricks and a beige/cream one? We picked the beige/cream one. Really doesnt seem like all that much variation. Still we are happy with our choice

Asked about the design centre and they said they didnt know when it would be opened. We peeked through the class and it seems as if it is mostly set up.

They released a few more homes yesterday and it seems like most of the homes from the previous releases have been sold (from all the little red flags). Our street is just about sold out minus some corner houses?
Old 2006-09-23, 11:40 PM
Regular User

KBMF,

Were you one of the first to buy on Tramontana? I'm also on that street, but didn't purchase until Sep. 6, so no appointment/phone call yet.

I'm curious if they have "upgrade" options for the exterior, or are you limited to the standard choices they provide? I really like the grey stone on the Springbanks model home...I was hoping that would be an option. Did you see anything like this?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 2006-09-23, 11:54 PM
KBMF

Hey J&A,

We purchased on the 19th and I think only two people bought ahead of us. And I think there were about 2 or so that bought after us on that day (Could have been more since we purchased early morning).

We had 8 or so options for our exterior and didnt see what the options were for other homes. They only left the fernhaven choices on the wall for us. But we had asked about a grey brick and they said only springbanks has the grey stone option.

We also wanted different colored shutters from the white provided for our brick. The girl that helped us out (who was great!) suggested talking to the design centre as she wasnt sure if that was an option for us. So really I am not sure if they allow upgrade options for the exterior. Hopefully you can get the grey stone it looks amazing!
Old 2006-09-24, 12:30 AM
Regular User

Thanks KBMF. We purchased an Oakriver, so no gray stone for us I guess Oh well - hopefully they have some other combos that we like. I'm just so looking forward to finally making some design choices Thanks again for the info.
Old 2006-09-24, 09:22 PM
Regular User

Buffy

Hello to you too. Have you had your call for brick yet. This waiting is driving me CRAZY. We were over at Mattamy yesterday and noticed that they have a bright yellow fire hydrant on your lot. . Just kidding but did notice that man hole covers are in on Huntmar and that they are laying gravel now. Will have roads soon in our little Mattamy community.