Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2006-09-30, 10:03 AM
KBMF

Thanks for letting me know yuppy

Thats disappointing. I wont even be in Ottawa on the long weekend. Oh well guess ill be in there all of the following weekend
Old 2006-10-02, 07:31 PM
KBMF

Anyone headed to the design centre this weekend?
Old 2006-10-02, 08:32 PM
Regular User

We will be there for sure. It will be crazy , but how can you not go.....It's what we all have been waiting for.
Old 2006-10-10, 01:31 PM
KBMF

Just wondering how the design centre was this weekend for anyone who visited. Super busy?

Did you find that there is alot to choose from?

Im visiting it this weekend and am very excited!
Old 2006-10-14, 02:14 PM
Regular User

Design centre is finally open....big ad in the Ottawa Citizen.
Old 2006-10-14, 11:34 PM
KBMF

I was there today and it was hectic!!!

There was sooo much to look at! I was pretty overwhelmed. The one thing I actually thought didnt have enough choices was the kitchen cabinets. But that could be because there wasnt the color there that I had in mind
Old 2006-10-16, 09:47 AM
Regular User

Smile

I wasn't happy with the standard cabinets either (because like you I already had a colour in mind), but I was impressed with all the other options (hardwood, carpet, tile, countertops,....). There was too much to see so we'll have to go back to browse a few more times
Old 2006-10-16, 12:23 PM
Regular User

Default Crazy

We were at the design centre on Saturday and it was nuts. It was way too busy for me, so I had to leave! People kept grabbing the cabinet doors from the sample area and they were walking around with them. I found a door that I like that was an upgrade #1 + glaze, it ends up being more expensive than upgrade #2! So I guess I'll be looking at the cabinet doors again, hopefully next weekend won't be as crazy!

Old 2006-10-16, 12:42 PM
KBMF

Hey Buffy,

Same here, I just couldnt handle the frenzy! I am guilty of removing a cabinet door but I stayed in the sample area I just wanted to hold them up to the light because the cabinet color could be deceiving against all the others, if that makes sense. I also found a door, upgrade 2+glaze which is basically equivalent to upgrade 4 (way out of my budget). Im pretty frustrated at the selection. I wish there were more cabinets in some rich dark chocolate browns but there is really none. I guess because I had a look at aya kitchens, who was a supplier for one of the mattamy developments, I had assumed we would have an equal range of selection but thats not the case . Im heading back next weekend. Im going to try and be there early or even go on sunday. I was there at 1 on sunday and it wasnt too bad but then at 2 it just got nuts again so I left.

Im really happy with all the tile and carpet selections The hardwood selections are pretty nice to but Iwish we had a 2-3 board sample for all of choices. Some only have a teeny tiny little square to show the color!

I think i am going to go back and visit quite a few more times to get through everything!
Old 2006-10-16, 02:51 PM
Regular User

I don't understand why there are 4-5 white cabinet doors (standard) and just a few other colours...all light. There should be at least one darker option...for those of us that can't stand white cabinets