Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-01-10, 02:54 PM
Regular User

Welcome to the 'hood (soon)!
Old 2019-01-12, 03:00 PM

Can anyone clarify something for me in regards to the Pre-Construction appointments at the design centre?

My purchase of agreement says I will be picking colors for all cabinets at the Color & Finishes appointment, which is 3-4 months before closing, however the design centre tells me that I have to pick cabinet colors/designs at the pre-construction appointment.

Who is right?
Old 2019-01-12, 11:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather86 View Post
Can anyone clarify something for me in regards to the Pre-Construction appointments at the design centre?

My purchase of agreement says I will be picking colors for all cabinets at the Color & Finishes appointment, which is 3-4 months before closing, however the design centre tells me that I have to pick cabinet colors/designs at the pre-construction appointment.

Who is right?
Having gone through the process recently it does not make sense to me that you would pick them 3 -4 months before closing. For us it was 8 months beforehand. The builder will have already ordered everything and be close to starting your finishings at 3 months before closing.
Old 2019-01-13, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather86 View Post

Who is right?
You will have to pick the cabinets, style, cabinet handles, and hood range fan (if upgrading) at the pre-construction kitchen meetings with the kitchen cabinet company, so not Richcraft directly (for kitchen, washrooms, etc.). I had the same issues, it makes no sense, as you do not pick floors and countertops until the colours schedule, which are months apart. I would say visit the design centre in advance and pick out what you like so you know what to go with as it's a lot to sort out in a 2 hour appointment. The only issue with this is there is no guarantee things will still be available months out (i.e. floors, counters, etc.) , and they won't tell you what things costs unless you specifically request it, and even then they won't guarantee the quote. I found the process very frustrating as I am sure most people must.
Old 2019-01-21, 03:29 PM

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. We’ve bought with Richcraft and will be on Thunderbolt. We close in June. I forgot to check with Doreen at sales but can someone confirm for me whether we’ll be with Hydro Ottawa or Hydro One? Thanks.
Old 2019-01-28, 06:57 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmarlaridge View Post
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. We’ve bought with Richcraft and will be on Thunderbolt. We close in June. I forgot to check with Doreen at sales but can someone confirm for me whether we’ll be with Hydro Ottawa or Hydro One? Thanks.
We are with Hydro Ottawa at Bradley Commons. Welcome to the Neighborhood!
Old 2019-01-28, 07:15 PM

Thanks @jemy1415. We’re looking forward to moving in!