Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-08-22, 11:14 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrylx View Post
They could have built an enclosed toilet room in the master if they deleted that small linen closet. I do like the virtual tour however
My friend who bought this model reconfigured the bathroom to include an enclosed toilet room. Urbdandale is pretty flexible.

I noticed that the toilet in the powder powder room on the first floor is really close to the wall, almost touching it. Maybe its just the camera angle.
Old 2018-11-15, 01:43 PM
Regular User

Wow, significant price increase overnight. The Calypso just went up 20k in price. 35k more than we paid 10 months ago! I'm sure they will do another lot release as well any day now. There are only two towns left and they are both on hold. The townhome models in Bradley Commons should be done any time now as well. I'm excited to see them!
Old 2018-11-15, 01:52 PM
Regular User

Thank you for this information Jord. That is more than double the price increase it was originally. The calypso is also now higher than the Apollo, which I agree with as I believe it is a much nicer model.

The models at Cowan's Grove seem to be constructed now. the wooden walls and structure look almost complete. They appear to be single homes though.
Old 2018-11-19, 11:44 AM

Hello,

New single (35') home owner to the Urbandale community of Findlay Creek, a few question(s).
Design center, still haven't gone to the Design center, but will eventually and some basic questions so I'm not going in blind with the sales rep.
Has anybody gone through with builder and have the whole 2nd floor hardwood (no carpet)? How much do you think it would cost? Would it be cheaper going with 3rd party? Or just the hassel free on paying more with builder just to get it over with.

Any advise of hardwood - White oak to Maple?
Old 2018-11-19, 01:41 PM
Regular User

Cost? No idea, someone with that model or price book can comment.

My $.02 on doing it with builder or afterwards:

PRO:
- nice to "get it over with" as you said, move in and ready!
- HW included in new home warranty if any issues occur (builder responsible for repair)
- don't have to take time off when a 3rd party comes in to install, live through construction, noise/dust, etc.

CON:
- costs more with builder, especially if rolled into mortgage (paying more interest over time)
- usually less of a selection than going with 3rd party which is often "wide open"

Just some thoughts - others might have more. Good luck!
Old 2018-12-27, 11:41 AM
Regular User

An updated rendering to the upcoming plaza can be found on their website. (https://www.urbandalecorporation.com...-s-grove-plaza)

I believe the addition of the patio indicating the restaurant is new.
Old 2018-12-31, 03:01 PM
Regular User

The immediate surrounding neighborhood looks really green. i hope the final buildup still has that many trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgyh1 View Post
An updated rendering to the upcoming plaza can be found on their website. (https://www.urbandalecorporation.com...-s-grove-plaza)

I believe the addition of the patio indicating the restaurant is new.
Old 2018-12-31, 05:16 PM
Regular User

Neat little strip mall - quite far south as I haven't been out that way in ages, but good for upcoming communities!
Old 2019-01-14, 01:44 PM

Just wondering what is coming as standard for the hood fan these days? Although I am getting an Urbandale single, I welcome responses from both townhome owners and singles!
Old 2019-01-20, 12:33 PM
Regular User

For those who purchased a townhome, the models are now open in Bradley Commons. For some reason they haven't really announced or told anybody yet. We just checked them out yesterday. It's really nice to go through them finished and furnished. They have a Discovery end unit, an Apollo interior, Endeavour interior, and an Atlantis end.