Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-12-10, 09:53 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanreru View Post
As a future Urbandale home owner, do all Urbandale homes (towns, semi-detach, singles) have Mason windows?
The"Extended warranty", the original warranty was for a year, how long is this new "extended warranty"?
From looking at all the attached pictures, Mason seems to be having trouble with the smaller sized windows, is that a correct statement?
Not just the small windows, also the very large ones as well as the patio doors.
But it's good that finally Urbandale is publicly recognizing that there's a problem. Before they would tell each person that complained that 'they are the only one with this problem'.
Old 2018-12-10, 01:56 PM
Regular User

i had a conversation with one of the service supervisors when they came to visit and he had told me pretty much every home in Phase 8 has at least one defective window from Mason. I'm pretty sure the same thing was said to me by one of the construction people (making this as anonymous as I can for privacy) when my house closed.
Old 2018-12-11, 12:40 PM
Regular User

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoMR View Post
i had a conversation with one of the service supervisors when they came to visit and he had told me pretty much every home in Phase 8 has at least one defective window from Mason. I'm pretty sure the same thing was said to me by one of the construction people (making this as anonymous as I can for privacy) when my house closed.
I heard it a few years ago from their people, and yet the builder still chooses Mason
Old 2018-12-11, 01:09 PM
Regular User

my neighbors have HN and Richcraft homes and they are not experiencing similar window condensation issue like us (Urbandale). I am guessing HN/Richcraft do not use MASON as their window providers.
Old 2018-12-11, 02:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebuyer_2017 View Post
my neighbors have HN and Richcraft homes and they are not experiencing similar window condensation issue like us (Urbandale). I am guessing HN/Richcraft do not use MASON as their window providers.
HN uses Elite windows and Richcraft uses Jeldwen. My friend has a Richcraft home also in Phase 8 and he's had to get a few replaced as well.
Old 2019-03-26, 01:22 PM

Default Mason window seal issues

Hi also an Urbandale home owner here with several defective windows with broken seals.

Did anyone get anywhere with Urbandale to get these replaced?

From what I have been told this issue affects or will affect eventually all windows that are triple pane. Urbandale switched to the triple pane windows when we purchased our house in 2013, took possession in 2014.

Now have to replace 90% of my windows

All my neighbors have issues with their windows also, how can they ignore this issue?
Old 2019-03-26, 02:28 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Hi also an Urbandale home owner here with several defective windows with broken seals.

Did anyone get anywhere with Urbandale to get these replaced?

From what I have been told this issue affects or will affect eventually all windows that are triple pane. Urbandale switched to the triple pane windows when we purchased our house in 2013, took possession in 2014.

Now have to replace 90% of my windows

All my neighbors have issues with their windows also, how can they ignore this issue?
They've switched suppliers for future phases, as I understand. They have been dealing with the problem and replacing windows, but they only do it in Spring/Summer/Fall, not in Winter.
Old 2019-03-26, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
They've switched suppliers for future phases, as I understand. They have been dealing with the problem and replacing windows, but they only do it in Spring/Summer/Fall, not in Winter.
Are you getting yours switched? How old is your Urbandale house?

I was told today that because my house is 5 years old I have to pay labour and 50% of the cost of the glass.
Old 2019-03-27, 01:52 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Are you getting yours switched? How old is your Urbandale house?

I was told today that because my house is 5 years old I have to pay labour and 50% of the cost of the glass.
my house also is almost 5 and they replace windows and put new ones, but the new ones failed within 2 weeks.
At this point about 80% of the windows are defective (fog between panes). Even the ones they put back in November.

They should not charge for replacing. They provide year after year, replacement after replacement of faulty windows.
It's such a hassle to miss work, get them come 10 times to measure, book appointments and not showing up.

We should really unite all those with this problem and go after Urbandale. They are aware of this problem and lets us the homeowners fight with their supplier. It's not right!
Old 2019-03-27, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8day View Post
my house also is almost 5 and they replace windows and put new ones, but the new ones failed within 2 weeks.
At this point about 80% of the windows are defective (fog between panes). Even the ones they put back in November.

They should not charge for replacing. They provide year after year, replacement after replacement of faulty windows.
It's such a hassle to miss work, get them come 10 times to measure, book appointments and not showing up.

We should really unite all those with this problem and go after Urbandale. They are aware of this problem and lets us the homeowners fight with their supplier. It's not right!
Are you on the Riverside south community fb page? We started rallying people there and create an fb group just for homeowners with this issue and we are at about 40 so far.