Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-11-16, 10:00 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikka View Post
Jus trust the posts of those who built and moved with Mattamy. Ignore other builder quotes. We built 36 ft approx 2400 sq. Ft with Mattamy ( excluding basement)and the upgrade cost ran us close to 48 K ( including 10 K design center credit,9 ft ceiling on main level).This is without hardwood on second floor and no smooth ceiling.

The post by Urbandale person above was for 30 ft home and not comparable to your situation. For the same squarefeet of 3000( excluding basement) Urbandale's comparable model is Portland Pacific series and base price for that is 687K with no upgrades.

Good luck.
I mean, there are MANY different variables, so your "not comparable" comment applies to you, too.

Let's list some, because you're kind of annoying:
  1. Different builder standards (Standard smooth ceilings vs non-standard; standard 9ft ceilings vs non-standard)
  2. Different product suppliers
  3. Increased availability of options
  4. Builder willingness to make structural changes
  5. Builder willingness to customize design options
Old 2018-11-16, 11:11 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I mean, there are MANY different variables, so your "not comparable" comment applies to you, too.

Let's list some, because you're kind of annoying:
  1. Different builder standards (Standard smooth ceilings vs non-standard; standard 9ft ceilings vs non-standard)
  2. Different product suppliers
  3. Increased availability of options
  4. Builder willingness to make structural changes
  5. Builder willingness to customize design options
Actually you are very annoying spamming all the threads unrelated to your builder. You did not build with Mattamy,so how would you know 30K is good enough for upgrades. We and other posters like DarrylX etc have built several homes with them.

To the OP post. If you can get 50K design center credits it may be well worth it. Otherwise you may have to use different strategies as outlined in several of the posts.
Old 2018-11-16, 11:14 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikka View Post
Actually you are very annoying spamming all the threads unrelated to your builder. You did not build with Mattamy,so how would you know 30K is good enough for upgrades. We and other posters like DarrylX etc have built several homes with them.

To the OP post. If you can get 50K design center credits it may be well worth it. Otherwise you may have to use different strategies as outlined in several of the posts.
I'm sorry, how do you know I haven't built with them before? How do you know my parents haven't, or my friends?

Guess your parents never taught you about making assumptions. I'm blocking you now. Cya!
Old 2018-11-16, 11:55 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I'm sorry, how do you know I haven't built with them before? How do you know my parents haven't, or my friends?

Guess your parents never taught you about making assumptions. I'm blocking you now. Cya!
I know you haven't built 3000 sq.ft with them (Mattamy) recently because the 30K underestimate you quote for upgrades is way off the mark for 3000 sq.ft home.
Old 2018-11-16, 05:33 PM

Just to add to this, I know multiple people that has built with Mattamy as well, 30k did not seem outrageous by any means.

We've been to the design center and even though the prices are "preliminary" but we're still going to spend at least an additional 20-30k from what it looks like. Like the previous poster mentioned, 3000+ sq ft does make a big difference.
Old 2018-11-16, 08:18 PM

For 625K plus. The standard are 9 foot ceiling on main floor, carpet and laminate countertop. 30K design bonus will probably get you hardwood on main floor, Granite or Quartz countertop and some kitchen upgrade only.

We will be moving into Mattamy tradition 2 in Dec, the standard were 9 foot ceiling, Granite countertop in kitchen and hardwood on main Floor. We got 30K options added from Mattamy Plus 25K price incentive and 5K design center bonus. we still end up spend another 25K on the house.

They have not sold a single 46 foot lot yet. 25K price incentive and 50K design bonus would be a good start.

Last edited by RIDGEMONT; 2018-11-16 at 08:50 PM. Reason: wording
Old 2018-12-04, 12:43 AM

Mattamy is now offering 10k off purchase price + 10k in design center for townhomes at Blackstone if anyone is in that market.
Old 2018-12-04, 01:24 PM
Regular User

lol yah 30K is not that much at a design centre for the size of the house the OP is looking at.. .we just bought a 2100 sq ft house and we put 50k in .... and trust me, we could have added a lot more, plus ours came with free hardwood on main floor, free granite, free 9 foot ceilings and free smooth ceilings on main floor. We still easily got up to 50....

i mean, 30 k is fine if you plan to do work after you move in, or if you dont really care too much about upgrading..but we personally didnt want to start renovating a brand new house so we did as much as we could with minto.

Last edited by reens09; 2018-12-04 at 02:38 PM.