Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-03-26, 01:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
That is very odd, it is the exact same kitchen right?! You think it would be more to stain all the extra cabinets you ordered.
I wonder how much they "play with the prices? Maybe that is why they don't give them out freely.
]

The cost for the stain was integrated into the price for my "kitchen addition"
Pacifica and pasadena have the exact same kitchen... Well I think.. what's the difference between the Pasadena III and the Pasadena XL? I only see the pasadena XL on the website for riverside south. or are you in orleans? .. either way, the floor plan looks the exact same!
Old 2008-03-26, 01:51 PM
Regular User

Urbandale- Riverside South are changing their models from XL series to series III. They opened up some walls, like the kitchen on the Sunnyvale and the little peice of wall that juts out beside the patio door to separate the nook from the livingroom on the Pasadena, and extended some of the livingrooms by a foot or two from the models we walked through. I don't remember if the model homes were XL series or something else?

I haven,t seen any new floor plans or size modifications as they are a new change. It does show that it is a series 3 on my purchase agreement.

I know the price for my model already went up $5000 and will go up another $5000 I think by the end of the month. I don't know if it is because of the new series or just a price increase.
Old 2008-03-26, 01:55 PM
Regular User

Really? The salesperson told us that the series 3 was newer than the XL with the changes I mentioned. I will have to ask her about it!
Old 2008-03-26, 02:16 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnstar View Post
That is the exact opposite of what I was told - that the XL are replacing the Series III. We looked through books for both the Series III and the XL (asked specifically to see since the models were different) and the XL Sunnyvale is bigger, and is the one with the wall removed.
I called Urbandale to see what was up and was told that the model homes were considered Series 2, although they just called it by the model name without adding the"2".
They are upgrading all the models, which will be called the XL in Bridlewood but in Riverside South they call it the Series 3. She said it was to make it easier for head office?I don't how that can be easier, two different names??

So I guess the XL and Series 3 are the same thing! Check your purchase agreement and see what it says?
It seems like each neighbourhood is run totally seperate, except for the design center.
Old 2008-03-26, 03:09 PM
Regular User

Whew, what an ordeal. Funny how my purchase agreement says Pasadena 3 and the floorplan in the agreement is Pasadena XL. On the "home search they call them all XL except Notting Hill they call it the series 3!

I guess we got off topic! I have another sort of upgrade.

-Pasadena, 3 bedroom instead of 2 with loft is around $550 credit!!!
Old 2008-03-26, 03:29 PM
Regular User

Hmm, I guess drywall and a door is cheaper than spindles!?

I love the loft, but i wouldn't buy a house that is 2bed plus loft since I wouldn't be able to expand my family into it. LOVE the pasadena but chose the bigger ensuite in pacifica instead of the vaulted ceiling.

here's one more for you..
$365 to make a ceramic "lip" at the front of the laundry closet instead of the drain pan... ehhh don't think it's worth it.
Old 2008-03-26, 06:44 PM
Regular User

You keep the laundry closet door closed most of the time any way.
We really liked the Pacifica and almost bought it, but we went for the larger livingroom and vaulted ceiling. I wanted the Pasadena first floor with Sunnyvale kitchen and Pacifica second floor. They wouldn't give me a price for the structural changes.
Old 2008-03-26, 07:02 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
You keep the laundry closet door closed most of the time any way.
We really liked the Pacifica and almost bought it, but we went for the larger livingroom and vaulted ceiling. I wanted the Pasadena first floor with Sunnyvale kitchen and Pacifica second floor. They wouldn't give me a price for the structural changes.
Ha ha ha... It was definitely the ensuite in Pacifica that told us... that 5 foot counter and 3x4 shower were the deal makers. Everytime I go into the pasadena model I whine to my husband.. "I want this oneee". I even tried to sketch out how to fit a bigger counter and 3x4 shower into the pasadena floor plan by cutting into the MBR... then I was left with a bedroom not big enough to fit our bedroom set.. Aw.. *sigh*

VAULTED CEILING ROCKS.
Old 2008-03-26, 10:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnstar View Post
Well, that is solved Our Purchase agreement says XL.

I guess when I saw Series 3, I thought Sunnyvale III / Pasadena III (which is apparently not Series 3, but Series 2??).

Odd that the Urbandale website would list them as XL when you search for Riverside South though. Not very clear now, is it
As a point of interest, our purchase agreement says "Townhome Pacifica H.B. Series 3"

Interesting... we definitely have the XL model though...
Old 2008-03-27, 07:06 PM
Regular User

check ikea to see how much they are charging for thier soft close drawers. they can be added into an existing cab,(not drawer) that may save you on the cab as well, i think cabs are cheaper then drawers, i could be wrong.. i havent reached this stage of upgrades yet :P
new closing sept 25 2008 *1 extra month to save*
third and hopefully final closing is November 13th