Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-05-21, 08:16 PM
Regular User

Just found out that Barrhaven is getting a huge waterpark. Opening next summer. Location will be just off Moodie. So much closer than driving to Mont Cascade.

My kids will have some fun.
Old 2008-05-21, 08:40 PM
Regular User

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!? A waterpark... that IS fun!!!!
2 weeks to closing I get a...
2nd Delay *NEW* closing: January 2009 (this better be it!)
Fairwinds, Kanata

Old 2008-05-21, 09:03 PM
Regular User

sound good to me, we also need a Best Buy/FutureShop and I would like to see maybe a good Chinese buffet or Japanese sushi place.
Old 2008-05-21, 11:07 PM
Regular User

The Chinese buffet didn't last too long in Barrhaven. Who doesn't like Chinese buffet ??? I'd love a Costco so I don't have to make the long trek down Merivale Road. Oh, and a fantastic Thai restaurant. I'll just keep dreaming.
Old 2008-05-22, 11:03 AM
Regular User

Is this new retail 'mall' being built right across from Barrhaven Mews...right beside the church? I was driving past and saw some construction happening there but could't see any signs indicating it was retail?

If not...where are said stores going? and waht is happening right beside the church?
Old 2008-05-22, 11:43 AM
Regular User

Please, no more chinese buffets! I want decent restaurants, like... um...

Ok, just more GOOD restaurants please!

Before they start adding more big box stores, I want better road and public transit links to the city before 2030 please!
Old 2008-05-22, 06:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
sound good to me, we also need a Best Buy/FutureShop and I would like to see maybe a good Chinese buffet or Japanese sushi place.
There was a chinese buffet in barrhaven. Never really ate their since they said they had no tables for us...even though I saw a couple of tables that were empty. It went under as you prolly figured.

I definately agree about the japanese sushi...the funny thing is most in japanese sushi places are owned by chinese people...hahaha.
Old 2008-05-22, 06:19 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecado View Post
Is this new retail 'mall' being built right across from Barrhaven Mews...right beside the church? I was driving past and saw some construction happening there but could't see any signs indicating it was retail?

If not...where are said stores going? and waht is happening right beside the church?
That is suppose to be Fraser Fields...a new development that was suppose to have semi detached houses and singles...but I think there are major delays....oh and they are all energy rated homes.
Old 2008-05-22, 07:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Just found out that Barrhaven is getting a huge waterpark. Opening next summer. Location will be just off Moodie. So much closer than driving to Mont Cascade.

My kids will have some fun.
Limoge (just off of the 417 past Emburn, before Casselman) is getting Canada's Largest waterpark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its to open for the summer 2009 summer season. They have started clearing the land. I live in Russell now, and its been big news here. Of course, I'll be moving to Fairwinds when it opens..
Old 2008-05-23, 01:19 AM
Regular User

this is what's planned for the "south nepean town centre"

and here's what the area around half moon bay should generally look like .... huge park!