Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-02-11, 10:47 AM
Regular User

Default Does anyone know what the current status of Mattamy Fairwind Phase 5 in Kanata?

I haven't been in Mattamy's Kanata sale office for several months because of the bus strike and snows. Does anyone know what the current status of their Fairwind Phase 5? Does the city give them the final approval? From other threads, it's said that Phase 5 is delayed for one year. Is the construction finally on track for that neighborhood? Thanks for any information.
Old 2009-02-11, 11:13 AM
Regular User

Hi MRF..... I don't officially know the status of Phase 5, but I do walk by the area every morning and this week there is machinery digging up the land. This morning I also noticed a sign indicating the future home of "Mattamy Phase 5".

Good Luck....
Old 2009-02-11, 12:36 PM
Regular User

I think it was listed in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago that Mattamy lands were deemed safe, and thus were allowed to proceed. I believe Richcraft and Minto land is still on hold though.
Old 2009-02-11, 01:03 PM
Regular User

There's a whole bunch of machinery close to our lot. I can go by later and take some pics.

Here are some pics I took on Feb 4th. Now there's a few dump trucks, bulldozers, etc... Does anyone know if they're using that equipment there or are they just using it as a parking lot?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Future Site of Brigatine Ave.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	3754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Our lot is a parking lot.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	3755  
Old 2009-02-11, 01:10 PM
Regular User

The big digger was idiling when i was on my way out this morning. I don't think that there is any other spots in the neighbourhood that a piece of machinery that big would be used for at this moment...so hopefully some earth is moved by end of day. I'll let you know what I see.
Old 2009-02-11, 04:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Just drove by.. they are working away.. (digging) The cars you see are workers - actually the same workers that cleared that huge amount of earth for Minto on the other side of the ScotiaBank place.

Ian
Wow exciting! I'll have to go by and take some pics for our fellow Phase 5 neighbours. I'm 5 mins away in Jackson Trails so if anyone needs me to go take pics of anything. Especially after we get roads and things are starting to develop. I love taking pics so it's no bother at all.
Old 2009-02-11, 11:13 PM
Regular User

Thank you guys so much for all the replies! I bought a lot in phase 5 too, but I live in east side of the city, tough to go there for a look in these days. Glad to know that something is going on there! If the weekend is nice, perhaps I would drive there.

Another thing is, in last Nov, they sent me some catalogs about the upgrade price, and told me that they would contact me in Dec for the first design meeting. But they never called. Perhaps it's still too early for the design meeting. Anyway, the house won't be ready in another one year and three months, so they still have a lot of time to arrange the design meeting.

Thanks again! The Fairwinds is really a good neighborhood, worth the waiting!
Old 2009-02-11, 11:18 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf View Post
Thank you guys so much for all the replies! I bought a lot in phase 5 too, but I live in east side of the city, tough to go there for a look in these days. Glad to know that something is going on there! If the weekend is nice, perhaps I would drive there.
Anytime you need feedback on what's going on over there, just bump up this thread and someone will reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf View Post
Another thing is, in last Nov, they sent me some catalogs about the upgrade price, and told me that they would contact me in Dec for the first design meeting. But they never called. Perhaps it's still too early for the design meeting. Anyway, the house won't be ready in another one year and three months, so they still have a lot of time to arrange the design meeting.
We got the same email but told them we'd prefer to wait as time got closer. I didn't want to go in and pick things that could end up discontinued. I felt it was too early to go in. If you want to go for your appts, send that person an email and see if you can go in.
Old 2009-02-14, 06:11 PM
Regular User

I drove by today to take some pics. If there is anything going on, it's only East of Huntmar. What will be Brigatine Ave. Only thing new on the West side of Huntmar is a sign announcing Neighbourhood 5.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Mattamy Sign - Fairwinds Neighbourhood 5.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	3767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Soon to be Brigatine Ave.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	3768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Soon to be Brigatine Ave-2.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	3769  
Old 2009-02-18, 11:14 AM
Regular User

I drove by today on my way to the gym and most piles of dirt have been removed and it looks like they're flattening the land. Maybe roads are next?? I shouldn't be excited but I am. With our history with Mattamy, we have never seen any of our lots have action on them.